Thread: Google Chrome bundles with Real Player

Google Chrome bundles with Real Player

Google has a deal with Real Networks during the installation of Real Player, the Chrome browser to win. The search giant hopes in this way the small share of its browser to enlarge.

Installing Chrome during the installation of Real Player, although optional, but the default option is checked. This is increasing the likelihood that users install the browser. Currently Chrome has a market share of around 1.2 percent, according to figures from Net Applications for the month of February.

The Google deal with Real Networks has closed the first third party, but the search giant tries several ways to push Chrome. Firefox is the Google Pack now become optional, but Chrome also several Google web services and external websites in ads being advertised. In addition, the search giant is still negotiating with hardware manufacturers, in the hope its browser with new PCs can join. Concrete agreements have not yet been made public.

Re: Google Chrome bundles with Real Player

Wow !! blast from the past. Real Player is still used somewhere? If you look around a bit or is Flash (CNN, YouTube,) or Windows Media / Silverlight. Real and Quicktime streams you do not see so often, at least not in the Netherlands (eg the Apple Trailer site and the alternatives that the public broadcasting offers from online radio).

I do not so sure how Google intends to increase this market share.

I use default google chrome. But funny that they do, but the option of realplayer to download videos from the internet does not work in chrome (though internet explorer of course). Me that they just fix it, because if I make a video with real player plug-in to download, should I use IE, which is annoying. Wonder how much impact this will actually have on the number of people using chrome.

The option to download is as far as I know Firefox has, but in both cases (ie, IE and Fx) is there a way to own an expansion on the browser (in the case of Fx is that XPInstall done and in IE is the ActiveX).

When the news of Chrome I have understood you correctly, there will be in future versions of Chrome also a similar option - so the download RealPlayer than Chrome also could be possible (if Real make sure at least one plugin ...)

Its Ridiculous. If I want to install Real Player, then I do not even need to keep in mind that other programs come?

The only correct way to make opt-in to, and then I find it a waste of my bandwidth. Opt-in for you even start the download is then the only decent solution.