Thread: Red X shown on pictures in IE8

idea Red X shown on pictures in IE8

Hello Everyone,

I'm running Windows Vista on my system and using Internet Explorer 8 as my web browser. Whenever i try to access some websites, i get it half loaded on my pc with no pictures on the web page. The pictures seems to be with a red mark and no pictures can be seen. Can any one tell me why 'm facing such kind of problem? Any help on it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Red X shown on pictures in IE8

The reason being the red x's are because you have to clear your temporary internet files on your computer. To do so go into the internet settings in IE and click DELETE TEMPORARY and INTERNET FILES, after doing so the websites that you visit will no longer have the red x's . If they still show up this is because of a problem with the web pages HTML coding. Red x's indicate that the file that the images for that site has been moved. If there are no images for the page, then the images cannot be seen. Therefore the computer has to show something so it shows you a red x. Also another thing that my be happening is that you have your content set to block these sorts of pictures. If you set your computer to block xxx pictures for example, then if you went to a xxx site then all the pictures wouldn't show. They would appear as red x's or as gray squares on your screen.

To clear temporary Internet files, follow these steps:

Internet Explorer 8

1. Start Internet Explorer 8.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. On the General tab, click Delete under Browsing History.
    4. In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, click to clear all of the check boxes except for the Temporary Internet Files check box, and then click Delete.
    5. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.

Verify that the Show Pictures option has not been turned off
    If the Show Pictures option in Internet Explorer is turned off, you cannot see pictures. To determine whether the Show Pictures option is turned off, follow these steps:

1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    2. Click the Advanced tab, and then verify that the Show Pictures check box is selected under Multimedia.
    3. Click OK.

The red cross is a picture place holder and many websites will not download pictures unless you give permission to do so.

Right-click on the yellow bar you mentioned and you should be given the option to download pictures for that particular website.

A picture should then be displayed where the red crosses were.

You can start InPrivate Browsing in Internet Explorer 8 from the new Safety menu, by selecting Start InPrivate Browsing from the New Tab page, or from a command line. A new Internet Explorer 8 window will open with an InPrivate indicator displayed to the left of the Address Bar. You end an InPrivate session by simply closing the browser window. If you want to always browse InPrivate can select "Delete browsing history on exit," as discussed under Enhanced Delete Browsing History.

Did you ever solve this problem?

It solved my problem with missing pictures in IE8. It's a .png pictures file issue in your registy that cause this.

VERY IMPORTANT!!! TAKE BACKUP OF YOUR REGISTRY before you double click at the .reg file