Thread: How to close open tabs without activating the tab on Internet Explorer

How to close open tabs without activating the tab on Internet Explorer

On the system that I am using I have the latest Internet Explorer, Internet Explorer 9 Beta. Also in advance I want to tell you that I have the Windows 7 as the Operating System. Before that I was having the Windows Vista and the Internet Explorer was the Internet Explorer 8. On the Internet Explorer 8, I was having a feature that allowed me to close the tabs without opening or activating that particular tab. Now I am missing that thing here, can you all please suggest me something if I am missing on.

Re: How to close open tabs without activating the tab on Internet Explorer

I do not think that Internet Explorer 9 has missed this thing and I am sure that it is definitely there. The thing is that at that time the feature was available in the Firefox and the Internet Explorer and it has been brought forward with each and every other version. I think that you will be able to get the thing, you will have to just hover your mouse on the closed tab and then and push the Scroll button on the mouse and that will shut the tab that is not active.

I think that the thing that you are asking for is the X button that was able to be seen in the case of the Internet Explorer 8 or 7. I am sure that you are talking about that thing. I am sure that this time Internet Explorer has missed on this thing. Well there is no way to get that thing back on the Internet Explorer 9. But that does not say that you cannot close the tab that are inactive, just follow what jhonson22 suggested and I am sure that you will get the answer.

I am fully confident on the things or the suggestions that my colleagues here have suggested. Well if you have found the things that you were asking then it is OK and if yet you are having the problem with the above methods then you can go by other way. What you will have to do is just Right Click on the tab that they want to close. Mind it that when you will right click on that tab the tab will not be activated and then you will get the option to choose the Close Tab. I am sure that this must have cleared the idea from your mind.

If yet you are not getting the things in the manner that you want then I think that it will be nice that you get the help from the Microsoft’s Tech Support Desk. Just send the feedback to the Internet Explorer and I am sure that they will contact you if they have that feature and if not then they will take that thing in the recommendation list. For sending the feedback press Alt + X on your keyboard and just follow the instructions that will come to your screen.

I am sure that this feature was really with the Internet Explorer 9 and I am sure that they cannot miss on this thing. I can suggest you only one thing by looking into the matter that has come in the front. I think that the problem must have occurred when you must have upgraded the Internet Explorer from the version 8 to the version 9. I think that it will be nice if you can again try updating the Internet Explorer. Hope that this will run in your favor.

I am of the opinion that if the things are not going in your way then in that case it will be really sensible that you set out for uninstalling and reinstalling the Internet Explorer 9. We have the perfect thing that will really help you in this case. For doing that you can just follow the link that has been given below: How do I install or uninstall Internet Explorer 9?. I am sure if that thing is there in the Internet Explorer then it will for sure come out with that feature. Hope that the link will help you to get the link for the solution. Happy to help always.