Thread: Internet Explorer 9 Beta Problem with Facebook

Internet Explorer 9 Beta Problem with Facebook

I am great lover of the Facebook and there are no reasons for that. It is the number one social networking site and is really great. Now the problem is that my brother is the in-charge of the PC at home. He has uninstalled all the other browsers and has left only the Internet Explorer 9. The problem with this browser is that it cannot open the Facebook anymore on this thing. I am sure that my brother must have done something with the browsers settings as my exams are getting near. Can you all please suggest me how can I do this on the IE9.

Re: Internet Explorer 9 Beta Problem with Facebook

Well I think that on your brother’s part it is really nice that he has done that when your exams are on the door. However you can get the suggestion on how you can unblock the site (here Facebook). I think what your brother must have done is he must have added the address of the Facebook site in the Privacy Tab of your IE9. You can do this to unblock the sites:
    • First of load the Internet Explorer
    • Then click on the Tools
    • Go in the Internet Options
    • After that click the Privacy tab
    • Under the Privacy window, Click Sites
    • There you will find the names of the sites that have been blocked all you have to do is remove the Facebook site from there and you will be able to view the Facebook.

If you cannot find the way with what Jackson2 has suggested then I think that your bother must have used some advanced technique. I think he must have used the Host file. He must have edited the Host file. All you have to do is find this thing in your C: /Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts. There you will see the host file. What you have to do is open that file using the notepad and see for the 127.0.0.1, in the file. If your brother has blocked the site using this then you will be able to see the Facebook sites address preceding that. You will have to just edit that and you will be able to open the Facebook.

I would suggest you to use some other browser other then the IE 9. I would recommend you to get the Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or the Opera Mini browser. I am sure if the sites are finding difficulties in opening in the Internet Explorer then they will definitely open in the other browsers. Well what Techno01 has suggested will work only if the operating system that you are using is the Windows XP, if you are using other than this then you will not succeed.

I have shown here myself because I am having issues with the Videos that are being watched on the browser. Well I am having difficulty with all the browsers, and it is not that it is especially with the Internet Explorer 9. Well I think that this thing also comes under the tag line on which the discussion is going on and I am sure that I am at the right spot. Well also I cannot see any videos on any other site as well. Can you all please suggest me something for this.

I think that the problem that you are talking about is already answered and if you want you can have the direct link for that thread. Regarding the issues with the videos on the other sites I think that there must be issues with the Adobe Flash Player. Get the correct and the latest Flash Player under your belt so that you may have no problem with this. For the thread it is here: Facebook issues while using Internet Explorer

I think that if you are having the problem with the videos then I would suggest you to first uninstall the Flash Player that you are having right now, then go to the site that you are having problem with. When once you are there you will get the error that the Flash Player is not proper then it will ask you to install the proper one. At that time the Flash Player that you will be having will be the best suited one for that moment.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Hi Tejapaala,

Others have had this problem too and fixed it by downloading the preview release of Adobe Flash Player "Square" (that was has enhanced support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 beta). http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Cassandra
    IE Outreach Team