Thread: Having IE7 DNS error

sad Having IE7 DNS error

Hello Everybody,

I'm running Windows Xp on my system and using Internet Explorer as well as Firefox as my web browser. I'm having a problem with my internet explorer, its not displaying the web page on my pc. While Firefox works absolutely fine on my pc. I don't understand the exact problem. Can any one help me out to resolve this issue? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Having IE7 DNS error

Please try this:

Click Start =>Run, type in CMD, press OK.

Copy and paste this into the Command prompt: netsh winsock reset catalog. Then Press Enter. Then copy and paste this in:

netsh int ip reset reset.log Then again Press Enter. When finished restart your computer.

Try accessing google via IP address. I've recomended this test for the third time today.

Type this in the address bar "http://74.125.19.103"

If you can access google via IP you need to set your dns server.

Dns is a translator for domain names and changes them into numbers (specifically ip addresses) which are broken down to binary bits which is what a computer understands. If theres no translator between words and binary the computer wont know what to do.

See whether you can view another Web page
    You might see this error if the Web page has problems. If you can view a different Web page, the problem is probably limited to the specific Web page that shows the error message.

Follow these steps to see whether you can view another Web page:

1. Start Internet Explorer.

2. In the Address bar at the top of the browser window, copy and paste (or type) one of the following addresses:

• Microsoft website

3. Press ENTER.

If you do not receive a similar error message after the new Web page appears, contact the owner of the Web site where you saw the problem. The site may be temporarily offline, or it may be experiencing other issues.