| || |
| || |
Join Date: May 2008
Re: How to connect internet in laptop via mobile
To connect your laptop to the internet using your GPRS mobile via Bluetooth follow these steps:
- Start on My Bluetooth Places. Double-click Entire Bluetooth Neighborhood.
- Find the icon corresponding to your mobile phone, and double-click it.
- When the services are shown, right-click dial-up networking and select Create shortcut. A shortcut is then created on My Bluetooth Places.
- Back in My Bluetooth Places you'll find the new icon corresponding to the dial-up on this mobile phone. Double-click it to initiate a connection.
- The connection dialog will appear
- And you'll have to fill in the blanks with your connection details
- After completing it, hit the OK button and the connection will be established.
- If you look on My Bluetooth Places again you'll see the gree icon corresponding to an active connection.
You are now able to browse the internet from your laptop, collect e-mails, use ICQ and MSN Messenger. Remember that some mobile operators have a default APN that uses a private IP address range, and some software will not work (acces to VPN for instance).
You can change the connection configuration by right-clicking My Network Places and selecting Properties. You'll find an icon named bluetoothConnection there.