Thread: Email hyperlinks not working

unsure Email hyperlinks not working

Hello Everybody,

I'm unable to open hyperlink which i get through an email. I had tried to open it in Firefox as well as in Internet Explorer, but it didn't seems to be working for me. This problem started ever since i had installed Firefox on my system. Can nay one help em out to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Re: Email hyperlinks not working

When you click a hyperlink in any of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Office 2002 programs that are listed in the "Applies to" section, you are not directed to a different Web site and nothing happens. This issue also occurs when you click a hyperlink on a Web page.

This method resets the default file association for the URL: Hypertext Transfer Protocol by re-registering the urlmon.dll file.

1. Click Start, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
    2. Double-click to open Internet Options.
    3. On the Programs tab, ensure that Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser is enabled.
    4. Click Reset Web Settings.
    5. In the Reset Web Settings dialog box, click to clear the Also reset my home page check box.
    6. Click Yes, click OK, and then click OK again to apply the settings and close the dialog boxes.
    7. Click Start, and then click Run.
    8. In the Run dialog type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
    9. Click OK to acknowledge the success of the Urlmon.dll registration.

If clicking a hyperlink in Outlook Express appears to do nothing at all, there are likely one or more registered file associations that are configured incorrectly. To repair the associations:

1. Open My Computer and click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
    2. Click the File Types tab.
    3. Select URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol in the list of registered file types.
    4. Click the Advanced button (Windows XP), or the Edit button (other versions).
    5. In the list of Actions, select open and then click the Edit button.
    6. The Application used to perform action box should contain this, including quotation marks:“C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” -nohome.If instead it contains a short name version of that path, or an incorrect path, change it to the above.
    7. Click OK, click OK.
    8. Repeat steps 3-7 for the file type URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol with Privacy.
    9. Click OK to close the Folder Options window.

If hyperlinks are still not working, it's likely one or more registered file associations are configured incorrectly. To repair the associations:

1. Click Start, click My Computer, and then click Folder Options on the Tools menu.

2. Click the File Types tab.

3. Select URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol in the list of registered file types.

4. Click the Advanced button (Windows XP), or the Edit button (other versions).

5.In the list of Actions, select open and then click the Edit button.

6. The Application used to perform action box should contain this, including quotation marks:"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome

If instead it contains a short name version of that path, or an incorrect path, change it to the above. Click OK.

7. Repeat steps 3-7 for the file type URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol with Privacy.

8.Click OK to close the Folder Options window.