Thread: Cookies in Firefox

idea Cookies in Firefox

Hello Friends,

Recently i had change my web browser from Internet Explorer to Firefox. As i'm using it for the first time i would like to know where are the cookies stored in Firefox. Do Firefox have inbuilt backup for cookies and can we delete them like we do in Internet Explorer? Can any one tell me where are the cookies stored in Firefox and how can i delete them? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Cookies in Firefox

To view detailed information about cookies:

1. Open the Tasks menu, choose Privacy & Security, and then choose Cookie Manager.

2. Choose View Stored Cookies from the submenu. The Cookie Manager window opens with a list of all the cookies stored on your computer.

3. To see details for a particular cookie, click on it.

Removing Cookies

Important: To remove cookies, follow the steps in this section. Do not try to edit the cookies file on your computer.

To remove one or more cookies from your computer:

1. Open the Tasks menu, choose Privacy & Security, and then choose Cookie Manager.

2. Choose View Stored Cookies from the submenu. The Cookie Manager window opens with a list of all the cookies stored on your computer.

3. Select one or more cookies and click Remove Cookie, or click Remove All Cookies.

You can also choose to prevent the removed cookies from being re-accepted later.

By default Firefox accepts all cookies, including cookies which would allow a site to recognize you effectively forever. If this doesn't suit you, you can tell Firefox to delete all cookies when you close Firefox:

1. At the top of the Firefox window On the menu bar, click on the Tools FirefoxEdit menu, and select Options-->Preferences, then select the Privacy panel.

2. From the Keep until menu, select the I close Firefox option preference.

If you want to grant sites you trust the ability to store cookies permanently (e.g., to allow you to log in automatically to a site), click Exception, enter the site address, and click Allow.

Cookie permissions are controlled in "Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Cookies". You can choose to block all cookies, allow all cookies, allow cookies for the originating website only (third-party cookies) or you can allow cookies based on privacy settings. If you allow cookies, you can also select the following retention preferences:

• Accept cookies normally
    • Accept for current session only (deletes the cookie the next time you exit your browser).
    • Accept cookies for dash (enter no. of days) days
    • Ask for each cookie (you can limit these warnings by choosing "except for session cookies")