Thread: Msn error code 84cc0020

Msn error code 84cc0020

Hello,
    I am currently in version 2009 of Windows Live Messenger and since yesterday, I have a problem.
    When I want to connect myself, I have an error message which is the following:
    We could not connect you to Windows Live Messenger
    Your contact list is not currently available. 84cc0020 error

In short, I made a research in the base of knowledge of Microsoft to see how to regulate this error, but it is unknown… Just like on google, it has anything in result.

What is odd, it is that I connect myself without concern on mobile MSN and the MSN of the xbox360.

An idea?

Thank you
    Blessings to you

Re: Msn error code 84cc0020

This problem occurs when the bank of information of Messenger contact is damaged.
    To remove the bank of information of Messenger contacts, proceed as follows.
    Note: This procedure removes all the contacts on the local computer. The contacts are then downloaded starting from the waiter the next time that you connect yourselves to Messenger.
    Return to the beginning

Windows Vista
    • Show (unhide) hidden files and folders:
    • Click Start, and then click My Computer.
    • In the new window, click the Organize drop-down list, and then select the Folder and Search options check box.
    • In the Folder options window, click the View tab.
    • Make sure that the Show hidden files and folders check box is selected.
    • Click Ok, and then close the window.
    • Delete the contact store:
    • Click Start, and then click Computer.
    • Locate the following folder:
    • C:\Users\Windows_log-on_name\Contacts\...
    • Delete all the files that are in this folder.
    • Locate and open the following folder:
    • C:\Users\Windows_log-on_name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
    • Delete all the folders that are in this folder, including the hidden folders.
    • Close the window, and then try signing in to Windows Live Messenger.

Windows XP
    • Show (unhide) hidden files and folders:
    • Click Start, and then point to My Computer.
    • In the My Computer window, click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
    • In the Folder Options window, click the View tab.
    • Make sure that the Show hidden files and folders check box is selected.
    • Click Ok, and then close the window.
    • Delete the contact store:
    • Click Start, and then click My Computer.
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Windows_log-on_name\Contacts\Me...
    • Delete all the files that are in this folder.
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Windows_log-on_name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
    • Delete all the folders, including the hidden folders, that are in this folder.
    • Close the window, and then try signing in to Windows Live Messenger.

Re: Msn error code 84cc0020

If the previous steps do not resolve or apply to this problem, you will have to contact the Messenger technical support team for more help. The support team will ask you to provide some additional information. You can find this information in the Messenger connectivity log. To collect and submit this information, follow these steps:
    To exit Messenger, right-click the Messenger icon in the notification area on the right side of the task bar, and then click Exit.
    Delete the old Messenger connection log file:

Windows Vista:
    • Click Start, type %userprofile% in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to open Windows Explorer.
    • In Windows Explorer, double-click My Documents, and then double-click My Received Files.
    • In the My Received Files folder, select the MsnMsgr.txt file, and then press DELETE on your keyboard. If connection logging in Messenger is not already enabled, you will not see the MsnMsgr.txt file.

Windows XP:
    • Click Start, and then click Run.
    • Copy and then paste (or type) the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER to open Windows Explorer:
    • %userprofile%
    • In Windows Explorer, double-click My Documents, and then double-click My Received Files.
    • In the My Received Files folder, select the MsnMsgr.txt file, and then press DELETE on your keyboard. If connection logging in Messenger is not already enabled, you will not see the MsnMsgr.txt file.
    • Turn on Messenger connection logging:
    • Start Messenger but do not sign in.
    • On the Tools menu, click Options.
    • On the left navigation bar, click Connection.
    • Click Advanced Settings.
    • Under Connection Logging, click to select the Save a log of my server connections to help troubleshoot connection problems check box.
    • Click OK.
    • Sign in to Messenger again. The new connectivity log file, MSNMsgr.txt, will be created in the following folder:

Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Windows_log-on_name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\MsnMsgr.txt
    Windows Vista:
    C:\Users\Windows log-on name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Messenger\M...
    The Messenger technical support team can help you resolve any Messenger problems. To contact the Messenger technical support team so that they can respond with instructions and help, click the following link, and then complete the online form:
    https://support.live.com/default.aspx?pr...