Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-02-2009

No Send to Mail Recipient Option

Hello, I recently installed and ran CCleaner for the first time and it did delete previous web sites, etc. However, when I right-clicked on a Word document from the file menu and went to Send to, there is no provision for Mail Recipient.

Can anyone tell me why when i right click on a file, there is no send to mail recipient option available. I use to have my default mail client as microsoft outlook 2003 and i had the same problem. So hence when i change it now to Microsoft Outlook, there is still no "send to mail recipeint"
Old 28-02-2009

Re: No Send to Mail Recipient Option

Go to Default Programs, which you can access either from the Start menu or the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds a list of programs comes up. Click on Microsoft Outlook. If all is well, it will respond "This program has all its defaults." If it reports less than all (2) of its defaults, fix it by selecting the option indicated by the first green arrow.
Old 28-02-2009

You could try this:

Go to Start > Run > type sendto and press Enter

Your SendTo folder will open.

In the SendTo folder's Menu bar go to File > New > Text document

Call the new textfile Mail Recipient.mapimail (WITHOUT the '.txt' extention!)

When renaming it you'll get a warning that renaming the file may render it unusable; ignore that warning.

If performed correctly you should now again have the 'Email Recipient' context menu option available
Old 28-02-2009

Thank you for replies. Yes I have tried these, and my default email client is now Microsoft Outlook. However there is still no "send to mail recipient" option when i right click on files.
Old 28-02-2009

Even faster (I should have thought of this before...):

Go to Start > Run, and type:

regsvr32 sendmail.dll

... then press Enter.

Registering this dll will automatically restore your shortcut.
Old 28-02-2009

Is there a file "C:\Users\<username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\Mai lRecipient.MAPIMail" containing just the word Mail? If not, try creating one in Notepad and save it to that folder, then, if needed, delete the txt extension so that only the name MailRecipient.MAPIMail is retained. See if that fixes the problem.
Old 28-02-2009

Your help was invaluable and I now have the Mail Recipient back on the drop down menu!!! I never thought to look in Advanced in Internet Options and was able to correct that too!

Thanks again so much for your help

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,