Thread: Internet Explorer Disappeared

Internet Explorer Disappeared

hi there

I am facing an awkward problem regarding my web browser. I was using Internet Exporer 7 as my deafult web browser, but i didnot liked it's features; so i uninstalled it and tried installing IE 6 and it got successfully installed. The problem is when i try to open it, it opens and suddenly get's diappeared. I know it's tsrange, but i am unable to find solution regarding this.

Please help me regarding this

Re: Internet Explorer Disappeared

Suspect you have a memory problem. Possible you need to clear 'temp' files? How about 'index.dat? A common ailment is a file called 'index.dat'. It's like a log file and keeps a record of every site you visit on the web. Empty, it's 32K, but it can grow HUGE. It's a protected file and can't be deleted by normal methods. CCleaner (free @: http://www.ccleaner.com/) can get rid of it (not to worry, it gets rebuilt EMPTY on the next boot.). If either is too fat, it can cause a 'brain cramp'.

In the first section, you can take the check out of Cookies if you want. All you have to do is click on Analyze, when it is finished, the Run Cleaner button will not be greyed out. Click it, then OK and let it finish.

BHODemon 2.0.0.23 is a free utility that lets you monitor and disable "Browser Helper Objects".

These objects are often installed in your system for genuine reasons, but sometimes they are used just to grab information from your computer, or drive you to some site, for commercial purposes.

BHODemon scans your registry for traces of Browser Helper Objects, and then shows you the list of found items.

In this list you will be able to see the name of the BHO, its status, it it´s enabled or not (you can enable or
    disable them from
    the program), the program ID, description and URL.

Double-clicking on an entry will show you more details about that BHO, such as the Clsid, Company Name, date of creation,
    DLL path, product version, size, etc. This information can assist you in taking the decision of enabling or disabling that helper.

DOWNLOAD

HijackThis lists the contents of key areas of the Registry and hard drive--areas that are used by both legitimate programmers and hijackers. The program is continually updated to detect and remove new hijacks. It does not target specific programs and URLs, only the methods used by hijackers to force you onto their sites.

As a result, false positives are imminent, and unless you're sure about what you're doing, you always should consult with knowledgeable folks before deleting anything. Version 2.0.2 includes unspecified updates.

DOWNLOAD