Thread: Decode and interpret a Wi-Fi signal at the mail.

Decode and interpret a Wi-Fi signal at the mail.

Hi everybody!

I started there was little in a small project that I am not sure of achieving a days but will be next month for which I spend my free time and my nerves.

I may not provide the details (which do me no doubt that) But the fact is that the achievement of this small project is through the interpretation of a wi-fi signal level by a small electronic circuit that I realize my own (to prevent issues ahead of the boat, so I have notations of mail.

It will be easier to interpret the output signal to a wi-fi card (pci? PCMCIA), or a key wi-fi/usb? (Recognizing that in another part I should necessarily control a USB communication and power supply via USB).

Can I recognize my device as a internal network? I do not put up an ad hoc connection with the pc which is in communication with?

I am interested in all information for side-mail using my signal by itself software side (driver and other) for a PC can communicate with the said.

I am able to develop the solution by various software languages (C, C + +, Pascal)

Re: Decode and interpret a Wi-Fi signal at the mail.

it has not seem easy to do.

wifi antenna, it is in the assembly, or is a receiver of trade?

in both cases, components capable of controlling a flow binary 100MHz are not given, and the interferences are likely to pose very very big problem ...

The logic that the simplest solution is to take a PCI card. USB is too complicated, and the software layer can recognize too ...
    but it has the advantage of less expensive gear at a key wifi It does not cost much.

In any case, how are you gallery. it's not so easy electronics into practice, especially those frequencies, as you say'll know a little, I counsel you to cast a glance "look at the wireless standards IEEE 802.11 (802.3 being the standard ethernet cable, sorry) and another glance at the radio transmissions.
    phenomena reported in the wave propagation should not be ignored when designing an assembly-based radio.

good luck ... anyway, everything is feasible.

Note:for electronic components, I advise you to take a look in the catalogs Radiospares, or in National Instrument, Analog Devices and Texas Instruments, the top three manufacturers of high frequency components.

If I understand correctly, you want to make a device that communicates with a computer via 802.11.

If so, without wishing to discourage you, I could not advise you to turn you into buying a module that you completed 802.11 connected to your device. In addition to the complexity of such a module, the practical problems related to the implementation of a eletron addressing signals on 2.4 GHz band are quite difficult (shielding, routing of printed circuit, etc.).

About the choice PCI / USB, as it is Wifi 802.11, it does not matter for your device.

Finally, if you wish done a WiFi module in a purely didactic purpose, I believe that the use of any one module does not prevents you to study its operation in detail and if the cost of such a module worry, I would say that the cost of separate components is not likely to be lower and they are certainly very difficult to find.

Good luck in your achievement and best wishes,

I will advise controllers ready to do your wireless communication do this by hand,
    especially controllers complete stack with all the bonuses and WPA2 compatible for connection to the PC, USB has become inescapable.
    that's hardware side of things as PIC18f4550 making the usb alone (almost nothing to do), and side of the PC like you tiny Usb which greatly simplify the work.