Thread: How do I block/remove online pop-ups?

How do I block/remove online pop-ups?

Whenever I am online on the internet, many advertisements pop-ups on my screen. I have to cancel pop-ups each time they appears on my screen.
    This becomes really disturbing.Is there any way to block or simply remove these pop-ups?
    Please suggest.

Re: How do I block/remove online pop-ups?

The on-line popups or advertisements that appears on your screen are nothing but because of SPYWARE.

You can use anti-spyware programs for blocking these spywares.

Spyware Detector
    This antispyware is specially designed to scan, detect, and delete spyware with an option of quick and full scan. Scan your entire system using a constantly updated database of thousands of known spyware threats.
    Spyware Detector was tested thoroughly on a number of PC's at a local cyber cafe and on the computers at our local library where spyware and adware infections are more numerous and difficult to remove than that found on the typical home PC.

Many of the spyware infections found on these machines were removed using the automated scan engine in as little as 5 minutes.

A handful of the more troublesome spyware remained but were removed painlessly through the help of Spyware Detector's built-in support features.

The software is powered by some advanced features
    Enhanced Detection
    Advanced Blocking
    Active Monitoring
    Complete Removal
    Instant Support

To download this software, Click Here
    Last edited by Trio; 25-02-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Spyware, also known as adware is typically bundled with shareware and includes a mechanism for tracking your online behavior and reporting it to a centralized server. The centralized server builds a profile of your browsing characteristics and serves advertising and pop-ups that suit your online habits. It isn't a bad concept: Instead of bombarding you with random advertisements, someone somewhere decided to let you develop your own advertising profile and then feed you ads that are targeted to your online behavior. However, spyware has no place on the company's LAN.

The best way to remove spyware is to not allow it in the first place. Don't load shareware or freeware on production machines. Also, avoid Web advertisements. Some spyware can be loaded simply by clicking on a Web advertisement in a browser. Since your company's LAN is for company business, block known advertisement sites. Blocking these sites has the added benefit of increasing available bandwidth to the Internet for their users.

The best way to block ad sites is to send the ad request from your Web browser to the host machine's loop-back address. To do this, add a 127.0.0.1 bad_ad_site.com entry in the host file of every machine on your network. Then, when a Web page contains a reference to an ad located on the bad_ad_site.com server, your browser will first consult the hosts file to locate the IP address before sending a DNS request for the ad site content. The request for content will appear blank in the browser, so no cookies or spyware will be loaded or accessed.

I recommend you to use SuperAntispyware.
    SuperAntispyware is a free spyware removal software.

Click here to download