Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error -40402 in Yahoo Messenger

Technology & Internet

Old 25-02-2009

Error -40402 in Yahoo Messenger

Hello Everyone,

I keep on getting the 'error code 40402' when I try to delete any addresses on my Yahoo IM. I inadvertantly multiplied all of my addresses on the messenger when I imported my addresses from outlook to my address book on Yahoo E-mail. Anyone have a solution to this problem? I have about 2000 addresses showing there, I should only have 342. "lol"

Any solutions or suggestions to this problem will greatly be appreciated.

Old 25-02-2009

Re: Error -40402 in Yahoo Messenger

Similar problem here. When I go to change contact details for my friends, then make changes and 'Save and Close', I get this message:

The Address Book Operation did not succeed due to a server error. (Error Code: -40402)

Please help, I have tried refreshes, deleting address books, changing my account details on Yahoo! Account page, but nothing has helped. I am wanting to change first name and last name of my friends in Yahoo! Messenger.
Old 25-02-2009

Try adding his middle name then the number then you will have it and if that doesn't work call yahoo and ask them. It has happened to me before and that is what I did.
Old 25-02-2009

Is this problem in YIM itself or in Yahoo Email?

If it is in YIM have you tried to access and change contacts in Yahoo Email? Or Vise Versa?
Old 25-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezY View Post
Hello Everyone,

I keep on getting the 'error code 40402' when I try to delete any addresses on my Yahoo IM. I inadvertantly multiplied all of my addresses on the messenger when I imported my addresses from outlook to my address book on Yahoo E-mail. Anyone have a solution to this problem? I have about 2000 addresses showing there, I should only have 342. "lol"

Try deleting the contact in your YahooMail contact list and not your YahooMessenger list. Both YMessenger and YMail use the same addressbook. So whatever you do in one is reflected in the other.
Old 25-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
The Address Book Operation did not succeed due to a server error. (Error Code: -40402)
Dude it is very simple to avoid this message. Here is what u have to do -
Go in your mail at contacts and delete them from there
Now change the contact details in Yahoo Messenger and it will save without any problem.
Now if you see the contacts in Yahoo Mail, that contact will again appear in it as modified in Yahoo Messenger

This is the reason what Mr. deveritt said,
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveritt View Post
So whatever you do in one is reflected in the other.
Old 15-03-2009

sad Re: Error -40402 in Yahoo Messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezY View Post
Hello Everyone,

Old 16-03-2009
Yogesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kets_6670 View Post
With quoted message of WeezY, you have given this. What does that mean? What you want to say? Why are only smileys given! If this is just timepass, then its a junk post and this should not happen further, or else your posts will be deleted and your TA account will be banned for junk posting.
Old 31-03-2009

yeah they are currently integrating YIM addys in to Y-mail you'll be able to delete when the integration is complete.
Old 31-03-2009

Hey Philo138, thanks for giving this information. But I have seen that people were having this problem even before introduction of YMail or RocketMail.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,