Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-02-2009

sad Webcam Audio/Video issues with Windows Live Messenger

Hello Friends,

I'm having issue while using my Microsoft webcam. I'm using Live Messenger for doing a web chat. I don't get a good quality of audio as well as video output while doing a web chat. I'm using DSL connection for accessing internet. Is this issue related to my webcam or is it related to Windows Messenger? Can any one help me out to get a better output result? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 25-02-2009

Re: Webcam Audio/Video issues with Windows Live Messenger

Have you install the drivers properly that you got at the time of purchasing the webcam? Did you ever tested your connection speed on the internet? Just try your webcam by using different program like Yahoo Messenger, in order to see that you still face the same again or not.
Old 25-02-2009

In order to fix this problem just follow the below steps.

Click on Start Menu-->Then go to Control Panel--> Click on Network Connections and then right click on the connection that you use. Then Click on Properties, look for the QoS packet scheduler and then put uncheck mark on it. Restart your computer.

Hope so it may resolve your problem.
Old 25-02-2009

The quality of video in Messenger can vary depending on your hardware, your operating system, and the data transfer capabilities in your region. For example:
  • Your webcam may not work properly across some network firewalls (A security feature designed to help protect a computer from unauthorized external access. It can be hardware, software, or both.) . If you have trouble viewing or sending video to someone on another LAN or outside your network firewall, contact your network administrator (The person who manages a network of computers, and has permissions to change network settings and manage user accounts.) for assistance.
  • Dial-up Internet connections often lack the data transfer capacity to handle both video and voice simultaneously.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,