Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-02-2009

Unread Mail message Unable to Read - MS Outlook

Hi friends,

I have one problem related to my Outlook,However i used Mozilla Firefox browser to surf on Internet as well as to check my mails and to reply them back though there is no problem with the browser,but there is a problem related to the mail message which i saved on my harddisk to check later and when i tried to open that it gives me "Cannot start office outlook, cannot open the outlook window,cannot open the file setup,file\\User_name\outlook\yahoo.pst cannot open."

what problem may be there.Please help!!

Regards,
Old 26-02-2009

Re: Unread Mail message Unable to Read - MS Outlook

The most easy way is to use TweakUI PowerToys, which the TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe setup file can be downloaded from Microsoft Download Center. After installing the TweakUI, run the program, locate and select Logon in the left pane. Then click on Unread Mail. Unselect and uncheck the Show unread mail on Welcome screen option. Users can choose whether to apply the new setting (without unread email count) only to user?s account or for all users on the computer.

It?s also possible to modify the registry directly to get rid of the unread email messages count on Logon Welcome Screen. To do so, run Registry Editor (regedit.exe), and the navigate to the one of the following registry keys:

For current logged on user:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail

For all users on the computer:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail

On the right pane, find a value data named MessageExpiryDays. If it?s not found, create a new DWORD key named MessageExpiryDays. Set the value of ?MessegaExpiryDays? to 0, and save the setting.
Old 26-02-2009

Re: Unread Mail message Unable to Read - MS Outlook

You don't mention what version of Outlook
you're using.

Open Outlook using the /resetfolders switch:

Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetfolders

This switch should restore your default folders.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,