Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-02-2009

Cannot open JPG attachments in emails

If I receive a .jpg file attached to an email, I cannot open the .jpg file with the default program set as Windows Photo Galery. If I change the default program for a .jpg file to another program, example PhotoElements, it works.

In order to view the picture with Windows Photo Galery, I have to first save the photos into a folder. Then I can use Photo Galery to view or edit them.

The error message says opening a .jpg is not supported.
Old 24-02-2009

Re: Cannot open JPG attachments in emails

Save the JPG attachment to your desktop. Find a JPEG file on your hard drive, right click on it, click on Open With, then click on Choose Program, then choose Windows Picture & Fax Viewer (or whatever else you want to use) and check the box that says it should always use that program.
Old 24-02-2009

Try this approach ....

Save the attachment to the hard drive - not the desktop

Right-click on the saved file > Open with

Select appropriate application and check the "Always open with..." option. and test.
Old 24-02-2009

Try opening IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, General tab and under the Temporary Internet files section click on the "Delete files" button. Choose yes to Offline files when asked.

If this resolves your email/.jpg problem then go to the Advanced tab (in IE Tools, Internet Options) and place a check next to "Empty temporary internet files folder when browser is closed", (near teh bottom) click Apply and Ok to avoid the problem in the future.
Old 24-02-2009

Another possibility is to reset the associations for Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ....

Start > Run > regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll > Enter

Other possibility - uninstall the Kodak software. If that solves the problem try a reinstall/update and see what happens.
Old 24-02-2009

Finally I reinstalled Kodak Easy Share and I took one picture and saved it to my desk top. That photo became in my hard drive. Then I right clicked on the desktop photo icon and followed the steps posted by Techno01. It worked like a charm

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,