Thread: Email client

unsure Email client

Hello Friends

I hardly know about computers and have a very limited access over internet. Don't know much about emails and other internet stuffs. I would like to know what is an Email Client? Can any one tell me about email client? Would be grateful to you if any one can tell me about email client.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Email client

In most cases, your email account exists on a central server, and not on your personal computer or workstation. An email client is software that allows you to read and send email through your account by connecting to this server. Email clients generally provide a simple interface through which you can access your email account.

Many email clients are available. Some in common use at Indiana University include IU Webmail, Thunderbird, Eudora, Mac OS X Mail, Outlook Express, Outlook, and Outlook Web Access.

An e-mail client (also mail user agent (MUA) or e-mail reader) is a frontend computer program used to manage e-mail.

Sometimes, the term e-mail client is also used to refer to any agent acting as a client toward an e-mail server, independently of it being a real MUA, a relaying server, or a human typing directly on a telnet terminal. In addition, a web application providing the relevant functionality is sometimes considered an e-mail client.

An application that runs on a personal computer or workstation and enables you to send, receive and organize e-mail. It's called a client because e-mail systems are based on a client-server architecture. Mail is sent from many clients to a central server, which re-routes the mail to its intended destination.

An e-mail client built into your browser, right where you need it the most.

Opera offers an e-mail client built right into your favorite browser. Opera Mail powerfully organizes, indexes and sorts your messages while transforming your Opera Web browser into a complete communication tool.