Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Internet Explorer Problem

Technology & Internet

Old 24-02-2009

Internet Explorer Problem

When I go to any web page lately and then try to leave, the page just sits there , click click click , then finally closes. Does this sound like a problem with internet explorer. Do and how do I reinstall? what will I loose in the process?

I am new here, can you tell? lol. sport

Old 24-02-2009

Re: geek wanna be

you can go on start and then run appwiz.cpl in run or else go to control pannel and then visit add/ remove components, then go for add/remove windows component.

It will show you the list of windows programs then unclick that option and follow the next instruction. if the IE you are using is corrupt then it will show you at the time of removal. but i will suggest you as below given

try to download the new version of internet explorer i.e IE 7.
Old 24-02-2009

Hey! I suggest you use mozilla firefox. Internet Explorer Sucks as usual...!

Why Mozilla FireFox?
  • Its not the property of Microsoft.
  • Its an open source software.
  • Lots of Plugins and Add-Ons to play with.
  • Most Compatible Software.

Don't ask me the link download link, given it already. Have Fun...!!

Download Mozilla FireFox 3.0.6
Old 24-02-2009

Hi,
Here i am providing you Tweak about how to speed up IE this may help to run you browser fast but mind it this will on your risk because it is related to your system Registry.So be careful while doing changes.
  1. Click Start - Run.
  2. Type "regedit" and click OK.
  3. In the left pane navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
  4. In the right pane you should see the contents of Internet Settings.
  5. Check Regedit's right-hand column for the following two lines (values): MaxConnectionsPerServer MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
  6. If these values are present, right-click on the first value (MaxConnectionsPerServer), select Modify from the drop-down menu, click Decimal, and set the Value data field to 6. Repeat this process for the second value (MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server).
  7. If these lines (values) are not listed, right-click on the white region of Regedit's right-hand column, click New, and then click DWORD Value.
  8. Enter MaxConnectionsPerServer for the name of the new DWORD Value and press Enter. The new value should now appear in Regedit's right-hand column.
  9. Right-click the new value and click Modify.
  10. As in step six, click Decimal and set the Value Data field to 6, then click OK.
  11. Repeat steps seven through 10 using MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server as the new DWORD Value name instead of MaxConnectionsPerServer.
  12. Close Regedit and test Internet Explorer.
Old 24-02-2009
Dextrous

Give proper title and post in proper section for better solutions!!

Title Changed and thread moved
Old 01-03-2009

Re: Internet Explorer Problem

feel like a keeg, so out of my element in here. I very very much appreicate all your help. I am looking into foxfire. used it some yrs back. I did go and downloaded EI8 and that seemed to help the closing of web pages but now new problems excites. *sigh* will be looking for computer classes lol thanks again you guys are GREAT.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet