Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot install stationary windows mail running vista

Technology & Internet

Old 23-02-2009

Cannot install stationary windows mail running vista

Hello there,

I have Vista Premium Home and of course it come with Windows Mail. I wanted to use some stationery so I downloaded dictionary from Microsoft. But i cannot run and install stationary. Can anyone help me to install it.

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Old 23-02-2009

Re: Cannot install stationary windows mail running vista

Look at the folder location,
C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsMail\Stationery

If it is not there, then you might do a full non-indexed search on your hard drive to see where the file was placed. Search using *.HTM. This will bring up all these type of files found. Look at the ones that are not located in the path above for being this stray install.
Old 23-02-2009

Some information on using stationary in windows mail. When you add stationery to a message, a fancy background is placed behind the actual message. Windows Mail includes different stationery that you can include in your messages. You can follow these simple steps:
  • Open Windows Mail.
  • From the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the Compose tab.
  • Under Stationery, place a check beside Mail.
  • Click the Select button. The available stationery appears.
  • Highlight a stationery file to see a preview of it (if the Show Preview option is selected).
  • Select the stationery you want to use and click OK.
  • Click OK.
Old 23-02-2009

You can create your own stationary, if you have HTML or webpage design knowledge.
Create own stationary by creating a webpage and saving it with a .htm extension. When you create new email message, choose 'Select Stationary' and navigate it to the folder where you have own stationary saved. Done!
Try it at your own risk.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,