Thread: Internet Explorer Error

Internet Explorer Error

hi,
    i have problem every time I get error message when i try to open a web page with internet explorer7, error messages displayed in the browser: "error 404".I also see another message file not found.Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Internet Explorer Error

Server cannot find the file you requested. Refreshing the page (F5) should resolve this problem, although continued error messages may mean the page is no longer available, that there is considerable internet congestion.Alternatively the file could have been either been moved or deleted, or you entered the wrong URL or document name. Look at the URL. If a word looks misspelled, correct it and try it again. If that doesn't work backtrack by deleting information between each backslash, until you come to a page on that site that isn't a 404. From there you may be able to find the page you're looking for. This has to be the most common Internet Explorer Error message on the Internet!

The 404 error code is one of nearly 50 codes called Status Codes. The 4xx class of codes are called Client Error codes. The name of error 404 is 404 Not Found.An error 404 message should be as close to the specification as possible. I strongly believe that an error 404 message should not only include 404 Not Found in the HTTP header but also as text in the error page. 404 Not Found should also be the content of the HTML "title" element and of the "h1" element.Since the spec calls "404 Not Found" for a Client Error, and since the word "error" is easier to understand than just "404 Not Found", I also recommend to include the word "error" in the text message. Better play it straight than hiding the fact that some error has occurred.

hi,
    This problem occurs because the cumulative security updates for Internet Explorer that are referenced in the "Symptoms" section of this article change the base URLs of JavaScript functions to the direct scripting sites. If the JavaScript functions use relative URLs to open Web pages, this change will cause the URLs of the Web pages to be incorrect and you will receive the error message.Try to get more help from here.