Thread: Internet Explorer Makes My Computer Reboot

Internet Explorer Makes My Computer Reboot

hi

I use internet and when i try to open Internet explorer 6 and after that home page opens i click on the page and the computer reboots.

I don't know what's the problem

Please help me

Re: Internet Explorer Makes My Computer Reboot

If it boots to safe mode, then there is a good chance that it was a device driver problem, quite often the video display driver. If it was a display driver problem, then windows should now re-detect the device. If you still have the same problem, you should do this to other devices, such as network driver. Thing is, if it boots to safe mode, safe mode is windows booting with its own devices and not using the actual device for each driver, therefore you can determine that it is one of those.

At this time you can attempt a REPAIR of windows by following the tip on re-installing/repairing windows (xp). If you still have no luck then I recommend letting a technician help yo out since this problem would then require the drive to by removed and put in to another computer as a "slave driver".. this should be something a technician does since the drive may be infected and by simply installing it in to another computer, you risk the chance of infecting the other computer as well, therefore it should be done on a computer that is prepared for this.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

you should use a different thing like opera hehe I would go install the new version of IE if i were you, and then maybe that should help take care of it, since you've been running adaware and have you done a virus scan? (I guess I might have just not seen it in your post if you said so) b4 installing the new version, uninstall it and just reinstall the version you have, see if that takes care of it, sometimes all it needs is that. firefox is a good version i would use that instead . about the computer just magically restarting, mine does it too, *shrugs* I just turn the power switch off in the back.

Has this problem been happennig long? Also does this only happen when you are connected to the internet?

First thing I would try is a System Restore.

Click on Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> System Restore. Follow the instructions on the screen and take the PC to a point say a week back (or longer if the problem occured some time ago). This won't delete any of your programs, data etc.