Thread: Problem with Internet Explorer 8.0

sad Problem with Internet Explorer 8.0

Hey Everyone,

I'm having problem with my Internet Explorer 8, as its not allowing me to access the internet as well as doesn't allow me to install Flash player 10 on my system. It says that i don't keep my default settings and need to have a permission for it. Can any one tell me how to resolve this issue? Also like to know that whether i can downgrade to Internet Explorer 7.0 version? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer 8.0

Windows Internet Explorer 8 improves browser interoperability and advances the Web by delivering a better implementation of Web standards. Although this is a move in the right direction, you might encounter compatibility issues with some sites that still rely on the behavior of earlier versions of Internet Explorer. Common symptoms of site compatibility problems are out-of-place menus, images, or text.

To enable Compatibility View for specific Web sites that are not displayed correctly or that are not working, follow these steps:

1. In Internet Explorer RC1, open the Web site that is not displayed correctly or that does not work correctly.

2. Click the Compatibility View icon. This icon is located to the right side of the address bar. Or, click Compatibility View on the Tools menu.

You can see a list of major sites that are best viewed in Compatibility View in the Compatibility View settings dialog box. When you visit a Web site that is on the list, Internet Explorer 8 automatically displays the site in Compatibility View.

Can you tell me which operating system have you installed on your system? Internet Explorer can only be installed on Windows Vista SP1, XP SP2, 2008 Server, and 2003 Server SP2.

I have installed Windows Xp on my system. Is the problem related to my operating system? Or is related to something else?

Have you performed a system wide search for any of the missing desktop files/folders on your system? I would do this 1st before performing a system restore or trying to un-installing Internet Explorer 8.