Thread: Windows live messenger 9 problem

Windows live messenger 9 problem

Hello,
    Having download WLM version 2009 in january 2009 and having a lot of bugs. I get "Windows live Communications Platform has stopped working" and tells me to close the application, so I do, but it just logs me off and leaves it at that. I have uninstalled and returned in 2008 WLM version avoiding me for the inconvenience.

Could you tell me if there have been improvements on the 2009 version in order to avoid these problems.

Thank you in advance for your reply.
    Blessings to you

Re: Windows live messenger 9 problem

Hi,
    To be honest, as this is a BETA release, you should be reporting this to Microsoft for resolution. I'm sure they would appreciate the feedback. or you can rollback then try reinstalling wlm 8 version and see if this works. If not try running a Registry Cleaner.

i think that you must first erase the messenger the re-install it in order that it works perfectly,this is a really nasty problem but hope that this will help you.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Here's hoe you can you fix this problem

1.removed windows live messenger and sign in assistant from my computer
    2.restore the default settings on your firewall (control panel -> network connections -> right click then properties -> advanced -> settings -> advanced -> restore defaults
    3.at this point you will be unable to access the Internet, which is where you would perform a "system restore"
    4. in order to do a system restore, go to accessories, then system tools. set your date, to the day before the current day.(or closest date to the current date)
    4. Your computer will reset, and you will go through the restoration process.
    5.This is where my mind goes blank.. it showed me as connected to the Internet, but my firewall settings had been reset so it made it unable to access websites and such, which opened WLM (it opens when decided from Internet). Go back to network connections (see 2) ) and right click your connection (which ever one you use to go on the Internet) and click "Repair". go through that process. By now, i am hoping that windows live messenger will be open, unfrozen, and the Internet will be connected correctly.