Thread: No connection with limewire 5.0.11

No connection with limewire 5.0.11

Hello,
    I am not able to have a connection to limewire version 5.0.11 and it was the same with the version 4.16. My old version was playing tricks me sometimes I had a connection and other times not. In my firewall box to tick is an exception and yet nothing works.

please help me.
    "When they give you ruled paper, write the other way..." J.R.J.

Re: No connection with limewire 5.0.11

The connection to limewire also depends on the type of internet connection. If you have a fixed internet address to your PC then the check the connection to the internet after the blackening. But if you do not have a fixed IP address and if the internet connection uses dynamic host then you need to re-connect to get a new IP address for ur PC. This might disrupt the connection that limewire is using. Because of this the limewire session might have got expired.

Disable the spyware if you have one, then see if limewire works. If it works, then you'll have to reduce security level of the spyware application, or set the spyware to ignore the Limewire software completely when filtering out your computer. If after shutting the spyware doctor software off you still dont get a connection on Limewire, contact your Internet Service Provider. Hope this helps

Hi you can try this
    go to folder options, display boxes and and check view hidden files. Then in your pc go to C: / user / name of your administrator / APPDATA / ROAMING you delete the folder limewire then you check in your control panel and you uninstall lime wire. after that you remove all traces of limewire in your computer and the key. Cleaning the disc and then you can download limewire again and the connection is done in 2 minutes.
    Good luck.

Hi,
    I did what you told me trio, and thank you because frankly it worked, now I will have no problem with connection limewire. thanks for your help
    "When they give you ruled paper, write the other way..." J.R.J.

Hello i am having a similar or the same issue. I have recently installed the upgrade (5.0.11) and it cannot pick up my ip adress. I have checked all computers linked to my internet connection and there are no firewalls yet limewire says it cannot connect due too a firewall blocking its signal. If anyone has any information on how to fix such problems please help or send me an email at HarveyJA@live.com

Thank you
    Anthony from Tennessee