Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to set up Internet connection with Ethernet Cable

Technology & Internet

Old 12-02-2009

Unable to set up Internet connection with Ethernet Cable

Hello friends,

I have linksys router connected to my computer and the linksys router is connected to the modem and the modem is connect to the phone line and the internet is working fine on my HP laptop (ie Router -> Modem -> Phone Line-> Internet connection )but my Desktop computer which is directly connected to the router has unable to make internet connection it was working fine before but when i have completed my work i shut down my computer and from that time Internet connection does not work anymore so i did a system recovery and it still has the same problem.

I have Vista installed on my computer with Linksys wireless G WRT54GS v5

I tried only connecting my computer with the modem without the router and still the same problem i used 2 different ethernet cable so the cable is not the problem

Ethernet cable connected to my computer shows green light that means it works fine and it is also connected to the router everything is the same as before also my xbox360 ethernet cable is connected to the router is working fine

please help...

Old 12-02-2009

Re: Unable to set up Internet connection with Ethernet Cable

I am pretty sure you can only connect one way. Either through usb or ethernet. If you want to connect more than one computer buy a router and connect multiple pc's, laptops through the ethernet. You are trying to do with an either or...you cannot do both.
Old 12-02-2009

If your XBox is getting internet and your computer isn't, I suspect either a bad port on the router or you have a bad network card on the pc. In network connections, does it say its connected? OR do you have the icon down by the clock where you can tell that it is not working properly?
Old 12-02-2009

It says i am not connected with the icon of the computer and the red x right?

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,