Thread: Cannot open web browser

Cannot open web browser

Hi Friends,

I cannot open any browser on my system. I am connected to internet with DSL modem. But whenever i double click on desktop shortcut, it doesn't open. Any Solutions?

Thank You!

Re: Cannot open web browser

I had same problem in past, when i had accidentally put a child lock on my PC. To check it, Go to your router settings and just turn it off. Then you can start browsing the net again.

If you are trying to open Firefox and you have Norton 360 Antivirus, then it can block your Firefox. Open Norton 360 and click "settings" tab. Then go to "Firefox Privacy Cleanup" and uncheck it.
    You are Done!

Try to reinstall your browsers.You can also try registry edit to reset the internet domains.

Open notepad on Desktop
    Copy and paste following:
    REGEDIT4
    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains]
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains]
    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges]
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains]

Give file name as "fixme.reg"
    Save it as 'All files'
    Then double click on it and Click yes to merge the information.
    Try to open browser.