Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2009

Internet quick connection

I have changed internet provider, but is now in the fear situation has my old provider has closed signal, while the new has not yet submitted its equipment. Has been confirmed that it will take 3 weeks before it comes! I am very dependent on the Internet and want a quick solution. Have seen a bit of mobile broadband, but most places it costs several hundred dollars in the establishment and I have to just use it in a month's time. All tips are welcome.
Old 09-02-2009

Re: Internet today or tomorrow

It depends on how you are dependent on the Internet. If it is just important to be able to send and receive mail, you can use a good old days of modem over your telephone line.
Old 09-02-2009

See it is a stupid situation. It can be difficult to get an offer in 1 month, it could be a very costly affair. So you have to wait for your new connection to come. Alternatively talk to the new provider and insist for the quick connection as early as possible.
Old 09-02-2009

If you have wireless modem in your computer, you can eventually just search the wireless internet connections because not all the barring is on. As you may be able to run on it if all else fails, and if you can not afford to lose your internet.
Old 09-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno01 View Post
If you have wireless modem in your computer, you can eventually just search the wireless internet connections because not all the barring is on. As you may be able to run on it if all else fails, and if you can not afford to lose your internet.
Yes, maybe you have a neighbor close to having a wireless network that you can "rent" till the waiting period of your new connection?
Old 09-02-2009

Well it might be fun to hear who you are switching from and to? And perhaps why?

Otherwise it is good advice to ask for a couple of neighbors, and then lease facilities on a wireless network nearby - as it is only a short time.
Old 09-02-2009

Mobile broadband is not so expensive, but obviously depends on what speed you choose. On that I have, will cost 449 - a month of free surfing. It is 1 Mbit. With today's sight it is not the most agonizing, but as an alternative solution and holiday settlement, its perfect. Try to get different offers from providers who have it.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: