Thread: Unable to login to Gmail or Hotmail

ohmy Unable to login to Gmail or Hotmail

Hello everyone,

I have install Windows Xp on my computer along with zone alarm (free version) as my firewall. I get connected to yahoo mail account but i'm unable to access Gmail and Hotmail accounts. I get the typical error message on the page which says to check out all possible settings. I don't understand why i'm unable to login to Gmail or Hotmail accounts? Can any one please help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Re: Unable to login to Gmail or Hotmail

Try to log into your Gmail or Hotmail account from other computer. If you can't log in from home, but can from another computer, then you have a local problem on your home computer. Follow the below instructions.

1) Your Internet Explorer (IE) installation may be corrupted. Uninstall IE, restart your computer and then reinstall IE. Then download and install all the latest IE patches from the Microsoft web site. In the Tools/Internet Options menu in IE make sure all settings are the default IE settings.

2) There may be a virus problem on your system. Do a full system scan using any of the well-known anti-virus programs using the latest signatures and updates.

3) There may be a malware/spyware problem. Do a full system scan with anti-spyware programs. Again, make sure they have the latest signatures and updates.

4) Temporarily (no more than a few minutes) turn off your software firewall and see if this makes a difference. If you have broadband and a router with built-in hardware firewall then turning off the firewall is a minute risk. If you don't have a hardware router (normal on dial-up and not uncommon in broadband) turning off a software firewall opens up your system to attacks from the Internet.

Re: Unable to login to Gmail or Hotmail

Hey try to enable your XP firewall and also uninstall your zone alarm (free version). Then try to login to your Gmail or Hotmail accounts. It may be that your firewall or your zone alarm is not allowing you to access your Gmail as well as your Hotmail accounts.