Thread: Unable to erase or delete history

angry Unable to erase or delete history

Hello everyone,

I have install Windows Xp on my system and whenever i try to clean up my computer and try to delete history it doesn't allow me to do so. The History remains no matter how I try to delete it. I don't now why i'm having such problem why deleting it? Can any one help me to resolve this problem?

Thank you.

Re: Unable to erase or delete history

What browser are you using?

You can download CCleaner. Install and run it. Dont use its registry cleaner feature.

Hey i'm using Internet Explorer 7 as my web browser and i have install Windows Vista on my pc. Is it something related to my web browser or do i have some other problem?

You can try out automatically removal of the browsed history, it's much more effective than the manual one as common user doesn't possibly knows what path he/she should type to reach the related history data files and try to remove them. And probably the best solution to clear history search is the application provided by company that detects the data files and removes them automatically without any user actions.

You can go for OSPC cleaner software. "OSPC" (Online Solutions Privacy Cleaner) is a powerful, yet simple application intended for the removal of users' confidential information and traces of users' activities on their computers.

OSPC privacy cleaner enables users to clear history search, delete browser history internet data and erase web yahoo history search. All websites you have visited, recent documents you have created and search inquiries are stored not only in the browser history internet folders but also in other temporary files at the hard drive of your PC.

OSPC privacy cleaner is the software developed for Windows based PCs that in contrast with other applications with similar features will help you to clear history of your search and remove all recent documents you do not wish to be available to any other person. Erase the history stored in hidden folders kept in such directories at your PC you have never heard about. Enjoy the easy process of clearing free space of the PC HDD.

I would recommend you,to download Ccleaner utility from the internet and it would surely resolve your issue. Ccleaner is one of the best software use to clean up the pc.

Your computer tracks all activities you do while working on the computer or surfing the Internet. So, anyone who can access you computer is able to know your web surfing history (what web sites you visited, what you searched on the Internet, etc.), what images and videos you have seen, files you downloaded, documents and files you have just opened and many other stuffs.

Some Internet history tracks can't be removed manually without special software as they are stored in different system areas and cannot be removed manually.

To erase Internet history from your PC, you should:

1) Erase history of visited sites

2) Erase search history

3) Erase autocomplete

4) Erase Internet cache

5) Erase Internet cookies

You may erase Internet history tracks manually but unfortunately Internet history tracks are kept in different places on your PC and even if you successfully erase Internet history files manually there are some Internet history files that can't be deleted without special software.

Download a program called ControlHistory from controlhistory its a good program that clears the browser's history(IE, Chrome, Mozilla, Registry files, and GoogleDesktop etc.), temporary files, etc. and more.

its a good program and it does help boost the pc's performance as well. hope the program works for you.

Delete History Free is free erase Internet history software (erase Internet history freeware) that helps you erase Internet surfing and other computer activity tracks from your PC.