Thread: Had enough of gmail & live mail configuration issues...

sad Had enough of gmail & live mail configuration issues...

I'm so fed up of trying to get my gmail emails to configure with live mail.

I have tried both the pop3 and imap methods and whichever one there is always an error of some kind...

With the pop3 it was 0x800ccc19 and after following numerous suggested solutions no joy.

The imap scenario is simply not down loading the files with no message other than "Your IMAP server has not responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait another 60 seconds for the server to respond.".... Needless to say... clicking yes gives the same response and has been for days!!

I can't tell you how many different instructions I have followed for both pop3 and imap over and over and over.... with the same result...

What is a girl to do eh???

Re: Had enough of gmail & live mail configuration issues...

Hi Savanna,

Savanna rather than clicking Yes click Cancel, after cancellation you ll get a error message please copy and paste it in this thread. Unless we cannot find a proper error message it would be difficult to troublshoot.

mikey Guest

I think it your pop3uidle file must be corrupt.

Do the following things.

1. Close your Internet Connect and all programs.
    2. Search and delete pop3uidle file from your machine.
    3. Reconnect and I hope it must work.

Hi Mastermind

Thanks for trying to help. Sorry it isn't "yes" but "wait or "cancel". "Wait goes back to trying to download ending in the same message and "cancel" simply ends the downlaod attempt. No other error messages appear.

Hi Mikey

Thanks for the suggestion. Followed your steps and no pop3uidle file was found.

Started download again and then received a series of errors that have never come up before.

Just for background - Email 1 account, email 2 account and email 3 account were all working successfully on live mail.

Then attempted to configure New email in live mail which failed as per original post. Now it would seem whilst I have New email account listed (that is still not downloading the imap files) it is now causing additional errors with the previous accounts as detailed below. When I delete "New email" account - the others work successfully again.

Below is the very long list of errors that appeared after I logged off nd back on.

Sorry..... its a nightmare list but its the first time these messages have ever come up so I thought I would show them. I would look up each error one by one and make changes if I thought it would help, but the fact is they dont appear when I delete "New Account" from the list of accounts. It is trying to add "new account" that is creating the problems....

Apologies if this is all very obvious for most people... but I can't sort it out alone :o(

Thank you so much for your help

Sav

The host imap.gmail.com could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.

Unable to send or receive messages for the "Email 1" account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later.

Server Error: 0x80048820
    Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048820

Unable to send or receive messages for the "Email 2" account. The host 'customermail5.easily.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.

Server: 'customermail5.easily.co.uk'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
    Protocol: POP3
    Port: 110
    Secure(SSL): No
    Socket Error: 11001

Unable to send or receive messages for the "Email 3" account. The host 'customermail5.easily.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.

Server: 'customermail5.easily.co.uk'
    Protocol: POP3
    Port: 110
    Socket Error: 11001

Unable to send or receive messages for the "New" account. Your 'Sent Items' folder was not polled for its unread count. The host 'imap.gmail.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.

Server Response: Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate a lack of memory on your system.
    Server: 'imap.gmail.com'
    Protocol: IMAP
    Port: 993
    Secure(SSL): Yes

Unable to send or receive messages for the "New" account. Your 'Drafts' folder was not polled for its unread count. The host 'imap.gmail.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.

Server Response: Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate a lack of memory on your system.
    Server: 'imap.gmail.com'
    Protocol: IMAP
    Port: 993
    Secure(SSL): Yes

Your 'Deleted Items' folder was not polled for its unread count.

Server Response: An error has occurred.
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C0074
    Protocol: NNTP
    Port: 0

Your 'Junk E-mail' folder was not polled for its unread count.

Server Response: An error has occurred.
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80070057
    Protocol: NNTP
    Port: 0

mikey Guest

Please refer the following thread i hope this may help you to resolve your problem.

Windows Live Error Message 0x80048820

Cheers Mikey

Will check it out.

Thanks

read that thread, and a few others detailing the same error message. No joy.

I have also noticed that google chrome no longer opens on my pc now... is this / could this be a related issue or just yet another problem??

This is all doing my head in!!

Quote Originally Posted by Savanna View Post
    read that thread, and a few others detailing the same error message. No joy.

I have also noticed that google chrome no longer opens on my pc now... is this / could this be a related issue or just yet another problem??

This is all doing my head in!!
    Let us know exact problem about your Google Chrome browser. Which version of the browser you are using and also Did you get any error with the same. Provide me the information and i will found the solution for the same.

Your Google Chrome browser may have been appended with Bugs and it needs to be fixed. For this it is essential and necessary that you check for the thing that may help you out well. So do look out and get the issue sorted. Try out using another browser. You may not find the problem then.

Thanks for your comment Johnson

Trio - I noticed chrome wasnt working anymore initially when people sent me links from there. The circle would just keep turning on the top left and the page never open. So I then tried to open it from my shortcut (which always worked before I got the problems with the emails) and it does the same thing.

Now no emails are coming in to windows live mail at all and chrome not opening.

I'm sorry I dont know what version of chrome I am using... i looked at properties but it doesn't say...

I dont get any error messages either... except when trying to sync emails - then all the messages ive previously posted still come up.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE help me.... I have 4 diff business email accounts with 3 different hosts... and I just want to be able to view them all together in one place....

I hate this! Its so frustrating!!

Thanks all for your attempts to help so far
    x

For checking the version of your chrome browser you will have to go to the help then select about this will open a small window which will help you to check the version of the google chrome browser installed on your system.

Do the following things.

1. Close your Internet Connect and all programs.
    2. Search and delete pop3uidle file from your machine.
    3. Reconnect and I hope it must work.
    Last edited by Saket; 07-05-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: External link not allowed