Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2009

How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 in windows vista

Hello,
I format my laptop and installed vista and then I have installed internet explorer 8, But it ccasionally crashes or not responding when browsing websites. The bugs or crashes happen more frequently especially if users using third-party add-ons such as Google Toolbar. This is generally expected as this is the first beta of IE 8.there are error messages and i could not understand it so i want to get it back to internet 7. could someone help me how to uninstall internet Explorer 8 and install Internet Explorer earlier version i,e. version 7
thank you.
Gigabyte GA-8knxp 875p Chipset
Optiwrite 8X DVD Burner
Win XP PRO Sp2 (Works Perfectly)
2 SATA Raptor 74gig Raid 0
2 7200 IDE 320gig HD
Old 05-02-2009

Re: How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 in windows vista

Removing IE8 on Windows Vista::
  1. Click the Start Button and select Control Panel.
  2. Select Programs (Programs and Features if you?re using the Classic View).
  3. Select View installed updates (it will be under the Tasks column if you?re using the Classic View).
  4. Find and select Windows Internet Explorer 8 from the list of available updates.
  5. Click the Uninstall button at the top of the list.
  6. Restart your system.

Try this
Old 05-02-2009

Re: How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 in windows vista

Steps for Windows Vista or for Windows Server 2008
To uninstall Internet Explorer 8 in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008, follow these steps:
  1. Close all programs except Windows.
  2. Click Start, type Appwiz.cpl in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
  3. In the Tasks pane, click View installed updates.
  4. In the list of installed updates, double-click Windows Internet Explorer 8.

Note If Windows Internet Explorer 8 does not appear in the list of installed updates, please try the alternative steps for Windows Vista or for Windows Server 2008.
  5. In the Uninstall an update dialog box, click Yes.

Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
  6. Follow the instructions to uninstall Internet Explorer 8. When the uninstall program is finished, restart your computer. Then follow the Next steps to verify that your previous version of Internet Explorer is restored or to contact support if you experience any problems.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,