Thread: Problem while downloading

angry Problem while downloading

Hello Friends

I'm unable to download anything from the internet, whenever i try to download something from the internet it fails to download on my system. I'm using internet explorer as well as Firefox on my pc. It starts downloading but simultaneously makes a file on my desktop. But when i try to open that file it get deleted automatically after the downloading get completed. I don't know what exactly the problem is all about. Can please any one help me to resolve this issue?

Thank you.

Re: Problem while downloading

Check out whether you have downloaded the correct installer for your operating system. For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows, check that you have downloaded an installer for Windows, not Macintosh.

Also check out whether any file may have been corrupted during the download. Try re-downloading it. Before you do so,

* Be sure that your browser is not set to automatically disconnect after a certain number of minutes of inactivity (e.g. Internet Explorer, under Connection Settings, be sure that "Disconnect if idle for --> Minutes" is unchecked)

* Consider disabling your screen saver, to ensure that it does not interfere with the download.

It seems to be that your antivirus or firewall is not allowing you to download from internet. Try to disable it and then try to download from the internet.

Hope so it may work out for you.

Hey try to clear your download history.Click "Tools -> Downloads -> Clean Up" in the Firefox menu. If clearing the list doesn't help or it causes Firefox to hang or crash (or if the Downloads window is already empty), you will need to manually delete the download history.

The best possible solution to find out for your issue is to follow the below steps mention.

* Try downloading at another time when net traffic through your provider is low.

* Try to surf some website to see how well your ISP is currently handling its data packets.

* Check with your ISP as to why they are having this high data loss.

* Some Networks within large companys may have filters or problems with binary files. When available try the BinHex version. These are larger files but may have a better chance of getting through the company's network.

* Download using someone else's system and network connection.