Thread: How can i copy my Address Book from old to new pc

unsure How can i copy my Address Book from old to new pc

Hello Everyone,

Can any one tell me how can i copy my address book from old computer to new one?. I'm using Outlook Express on my old computer and would like to copy my email address to my new computer. Any one has any idea about how can i do so? Any kind of information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: How can i copy my Address Book from old to new pc

Hey follow the below steps mention for copying your address book from one computer to another.

* Copying the File

1) Open your Outlook program and select "File" and "Export" from the menu. Click on "Address Book." If the program asks you which action to perform, select "Export to a file."

2) Select "Text File" or "Comma Separated Values (Windows)," depending on which version of Outlook you are using.

3) Choose "Yes" if a dialog box appears asking you to install the required translator.

4) Click on "Contacts" when the "Export to a File" dialog box appears. Click "Next" or "Export," depending on which version of Outlook you are using.

5) Type a name for your exported file, and select "Next." Click "Finish" and wait as the program exports your file.

6) Find the file, which will be under the file name you entered in Step 5 and with a .csv file extension. Copy it onto a floppy disk, USB jump drive or a similar external storage device.

* Then Restore the File on Another Computer

1) Insert the storage device into the new computer. Open Outlook and select "Import" from the "File" menu.

2) Choose "Other Address Book" or "Import from another program or file," depending on which version of Outlook you are using. Click "Next."

3) Make sure "Comma Separated Values (Windows)" is highlighted. Click "Next."

4) Click "Browse" to navigate to the storage device and the file you copied from the other computer. Highlight it and click "OK." Choose your preference regarding duplicates, and click "Next."

5) Highlight "Contacts." Click "Next," and then click "Finished."

Hope so it may help you out.

Re: How can i copy my Address Book from old to new pc

Another way of copying your address book, is that you can also import it directly. Open the (In Windows Mail) File tab--> Import. Select Mail account settings. Find your old .wab file (In XP_ Documents and settings - Username -Application data - Microsoft - Address book.) Click on *.wab.