Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2009

New Yahoo Messenger Power Users

What's the Power User program?
The Power User program rewards IM?ers like you. With what? Stuff you want! Like early access to the newest versions of Yahoo! Messenger and status icons no one else can get. Power Users also receive priority Customer support, including access to live agents. We?ll keep listening for more of the benefits you want added to the list. It's our way of saying thanks for using Yahoo! Messenger as much as you do!

What should I do to step up to Power User status?
Easy! You?ve already been invited, so all you need to do is sign up for the Messenger All Stars list Yahoo! Group. As a member, you?ll get updates from this group about the latest Power User perks.

Can my friends join the program?
The Power User program is designed to reward and enrich the experience of people who get the most out of Yahoo! Messenger. So, invitations go out to the people who take the fullest advantage of IM features like the Invite a friend center and IMV?s. We notify new members every quarter via emails like the one you just received.

Does being a Power User give me more clout with you?
It does! :o) As a Power User, you?ve got pull?and access to live customer support is just the beginning. We?ll also pay priority attention to any feedback you?ve got on Messenger 9.0 Beta, which we?ll use to shape the final version of Messenger 9.0 based on your needs. And we?ll be holding regular votes on what exclusive content you?d prefer?stuff like custom Avatar clothing, Audibles, IMV?s with custom emoticons, as well as special prizes. Tap into the excitement inside the Messenger All Stars list Yahoo! Group.

How do I find out about new power user features?
The Messenger All Stars list Yahoo! Group will keep you up-to-the-minute on what we?ve created for you to use and enjoy. Join in!

Is there any visible bling I get for being a Power User?
Of course! You get exclusive status icons to show off your Power User status, which allow friends to click and IM you from anywhere on the Web, including your blogs and social networks. Take a look?

As a Power User, how do I access live customer support?
It?s easy! Simply go here and click on the yellow ?Chat with us live now? button. A live Customer Care Agent will be with you quickly to answer any of your Messenger questions.

Where do I get regular Yahoo! Messenger help?
Here. And here?s a tip: save time by using the Search window. If you can?t find the answer you?re looking for, please feel free to contact us.

How to become a Yahoo! Messenger Power User?
Yahoo! Messenger Power Users are the top 5% of Messenger users. It?s based on all the IMing they do, all the friends they keep up with, and all the features that they use.

So, what are some of the Power User perks, you ask?
  • Priority Customer support, including access to live agents.
  • Early access to the newest versions of Yahoo! Messenger.
  • Status icons no one else can get.
  • Help shape future versions of Messenger with your feedback.
  • Vote on exclusive content, like custom Avatar clothing and Audibles.

Yahoo will email invitations to people who take full advantage of IM features like Invite a Friend Center or IMVs. Power Users are hard core! So, if you?re interested in becoming a Power User, just keep using Yahoo! Messenger ? a lot!

For Yahoo Messenger?s Power Users Guided Tutorial go here
Old 03-02-2009

Re: New Yahoo Messenger?s Power Users

Yes, Yahoo! Messenger’s Power Users push the boundaries by sending the most IMs and engaging with the most friends. They get many cool perks, and first access to new products.

Power Users enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
  • Exclusive online indicators
  • Custom Avatar Accessories
  • Enhanced Customer Care
  • Special contests & giveaways
  • Invitation to try new products first

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,