Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-01-2009

What e-mail service do you recommend

i am using hotmail since last couple of years but last updates in hotmail disappoint me. It basically looks like outlook express and i had recived some spam also.so i want to switch to another mail.What free e-mail service here you will recommend ?
Old 30-01-2009

Re: What e-mail service do you recommend

the most favorite Gmail . ill recommend gmail it has pop access. better than yahoo and hotmail .
Old 30-01-2009

Gmail
Pros - Reliable, huge storgae capacity, awesome interface, little/no spam, good support, fast, it stores emails/replies together in a tabbed chat log style so a big email is easily found in one spot rather then having to find all the original emails, etc

cons - None.
Old 30-01-2009

I use Yahoo mail since 2000. I have unlimited space and the spam filter is great. It also has a virus scan in it. I never like gmail ....
Old 30-01-2009

vote for Gmail!

* my most favorite Integrated chat client - you can talk to anyone else with a gmail account or even with a non-gmail XMPP account. They also introduced video chat recently
* Login tracking - view the last 5 IP's your account was logged in from, and log out all sessions other than the one you are in. Also handy for when you leave yourself logged on to, say, a school computer and don't remember until you get home - you can just click the log off other sessions button and it'll log off remotely.
* Lots and lots of fancy labs features -
o custom keyboad shortcuts
o google calendar integration
o automatic responses
o forgotten attachment detector
o vacation response date customization response for a certain date period, rather than starting/ending it manually
Old 30-01-2009

i dont understand whats not good in hotmail ? i am using it from last 2 years ; i dont feel anything wrong in latest change. hotmail is good it provide well compatibility for most application.
Old 30-01-2009

what kind of compatibility it shows ....it just very well with Microsoft application. otherwise really not interesting.
Old 31-01-2009

i dont have problem with hotmail
hotmail + Outlook 2007 + outlook connector
Old 31-01-2009

I am using YAHOO MAIL from last 5 years and very happy with it. I recommend yahoo mail instead of gmail. I find yahoo mail easier for composing mail and attaching files. A new Yahoo mail have the Inbox Chat facility in it with unlimited storage but requires high speed connection.

Yahoooooooooooo............

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: