Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-01-2009

New window from IE desktop link

I have a IE link on my desktop. When I press it opens the page that link points out well enough. But if I press again, loads the only page in the same IE window. Can I add something to link the line to open new window every time you press the link on the desktop? Am using IE6.
Old 28-01-2009

Re: New window from IE desktop link

Do not know if it works on your desktop. But from IE, press shift. Then open the links in a new window.

Edit: Hold the shift inside and press the link.
Old 28-01-2009

Do not quite understand your question. But try to hold down the CTRL key when you press (if it is in the browser) that opens the link in a new window. To open a new window with IEs homepage try pressing Ctrl + N when you are browsing. Maybe it can help.
PS. Try Google Chrome as a browser instead - for, in spite of minor errors that we love Google!
Old 28-01-2009

Go to the Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab. Remove the fly leg of the "Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts" during browsing. That should solve your problem (if I have understood correctly).
Old 28-01-2009

You can also make a change to the registry if it is to be a bit more shaggy:

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Main key and find the value AllowWindowReuse (if it does not exist you can create it as a DWORD value), and set its value to 0 Save and reboot.
Old 28-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by deveritt View Post
Go to the Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab. Remove the fly leg of the "Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts" during browsing. That should solve your problem (if I have understood correctly).
Thanks man, this was what I needed and it worked for me
Did not try other solutions, but still thank you all for helping me.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,