Thread: Thunderbird completely blocked

Thunderbird completely blocked

Hello

I have problem that, I am Unable to receive my emails because it can not download the emails I have received in Incoming. As against it although I see emails from my other sub-folders.

Every time I start it, it tells me the following message: "construction of a file summary Entering." He did the same with my other sub-folders.

And after a while, Vista told me that "Thunderbird has stopped working".

Other times, the software still does my emails already received in Incoming but shows me the new email that just arrived ...
    And when I want to delete these emails, Thunderbird does nothing. I click on "Delete", it does not work and it think, the bottom "downloading message 1 of 5" (is what it means to me large files by email).

I uninstalled ccleaner launched to resettle and restart thunderbird. Nothing was done.

I checked my connection launching thunderbird from my laptop and I recognize well my emails and it properly displays the contents of subfolders.

How?

Thank you

Re: Thunderbird completely blocked

Hello,

Compact records Thunderbird. I think the command is in the "File" menu.

Bye!

Finally, launching several times Thunderbird in Safe Mode and unchecking the download emails from my various accounts I could find a thunderbird that works 99%.

I also packed a subfolder.

The 1% that shit is that every time I launch it says "one or more files could not be updated .....".

And yet I clicked to install the latest update ....

What to do?

Thank you

Here's how:

1 - Download and install MozBackup _ MozBackup - Backup tool for Firefox and Thunderbird
    2 - Make a backup of Thunderbird with MozBackup
    3 - Uninstall Thunderbird
    4 - Reinstall Thunderbird
    5 - Open

hello

I reinstalled thunderbird but it did not solve my problem because the message file is saying not updated is still there.

It is bizzare because when I go to the Administrator account, I have no worries this update ...

thank you

Hello,

Once Thunderbird is uninstalled, erases all msf files in C: \ Documents and Settings \ username \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles \ <Name of profil> \. Then reinstall Thunderbird.

Or, once Thunderbird is uninstalled, delete the profile folder and then reinstall Thunderbird Thunderbird.

Bye!

I finally found the solution by chance to my problems with Thunderbird. 2-3 months ago, I disabled the UAC because it was a bit painful in -user mode.

This morning I reactivated this mode in the Administrator account and, miraculously, when I started thunderbird, there have been no problems. He even updated automatically while the last two days trying to update it manually.

So a big thank you to Microsoft for the time lost for nothing
    Good day