Old 24-01-2009

Mozilla Firefox Password restore

hey ..
i had a problem before..
i had set a master password @ Firefox..
but then i forgot ..
so can any 1 help me in getting the password i forgot
coz i have plenty of saved passwords..
i dun want them 2 get lost .. !! pls help plsss...
Old 24-01-2009

Re: Mozilla Firefox Password restore

Mozilla Firefox comes with a built-in Password Manager to remember, store and autofill sign in user names and passwords on the websites with registered accounts in a database file under user profile directory. Firefox users can use a Master Password to secure and protect the saved passwords. However, if you have lost or forgotten the master password, you cannot access and view all the saved login credentials and secrets in the Firefox Password Manager anymore.

Download FireMaster or view source code.

Visit FireMaster official homepage http://www.securityxploded.com/firemaster.php for further help or views:
Old 24-01-2009

Resetting the master password :

If you have lost or forgotten your master password or you want to disable the feature, you can reset the master password. Resetting the master password will remove all stored password information. Upon resetting, you will lose all the stored information in the Password Manager, as this is a built-in security feature to prevent people from simply resetting your Master Password to gain access to your passwords.

For Firefox, you can also look at the Troubleshooting section of the Password Manager article.
Firefox: Enter chrome://pippki/content/resetpassword.xul into the address Bar , press the Enter key and click Reset.
Tools -> Options - Advanced - Saved Passwords - Master Password - Reset Password.
Choose Tools – Error Console, paste the expression: open Dialog(chrome://pippki/content/resetpassword.xul) and press the Evaluate button. That will open a dialog asking you if you want to reset your password.
Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey: Edit - Preferences - Privacy & Security - Master Passwords - Reset Password.

Attention: Upon initial installation, Firefox sometimes believes it has a master password in effect and the user is unable to change or remove it because the set master password is unknown to the user . This situation sometimes occurs when a Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey profile's passwords are imported into Firefox at install time. If this happens, reset the master password as explained above.
Old 24-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trio View Post
Resetting the master password :

If you have lost or forgotten your master password or you want to disable the feature, you can reset the master password. Resetting the master password will remove all stored password information. Upon resetting, you will lose all the stored information in the Password Manager, as this is a built-in security feature to prevent people from simply resetting your Master Password to gain access to your passwords.

For Firefox, you can also look at the Troubleshooting section of the Password Manager article.
Firefox: Enter chrome://pippki/content/resetpassword.xul into the address Bar , press the Enter key and click Reset.
Tools -> Options - Advanced - Saved Passwords - Master Password - Reset Password.
Choose Tools ? Error Console, paste the expression: open Dialog(chrome://pippki/content/resetpassword.xul) and press the Evaluate button. That will open a dialog asking you if you want to reset your password.
Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey: Edit - Preferences - Privacy & Security - Master Passwords - Reset Password.

Attention: Upon initial installation, Firefox sometimes believes it has a master password in effect and the user is unable to change or remove it because the set master password is unknown to the user . This situation sometimes occurs when a Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey profile's passwords are imported into Firefox at install time. If this happens, reset the master password as explained above.
Errgg but i need my master passwordd..is there no way to retrieve it...
Old 24-01-2009

Please go here to find out how to recover the master password.
I hope this helps you!
Old 24-01-2009

Mozilla's Password Manager is a great tool for logging into dozens of websites without drowning in Post-It Notes, or using one password everywhere. Sometimes, however, you have a lot of passwords in there, and for one reason or another, you need to create a new profile, and wish to take your passwords with you. What do you do? Here's a simple way to recover them.

check this link:
Mozilla Password Manager Tricks

You can also download the Password recovery for Mozilla from here:
Mozilla Password Recovery 5.0.1.418

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: