Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-01-2009

HP server MediaSmart WHS

Hello
Here I have explained my problem.
I have an HP Mediasmart connect to a server freebox hard disk.
I have installed Homeplayer on the server, the problem is that the server uses port 8080 as a home player to implement a distance that works with java
I would like to change the server port 8080 is it possible.

Thank you.
Old 19-01-2009

Re: HP server MediaSmart WHS

I have found a home player application works but not a distance disabling in the registry: HP MediaSmart Server Web Application server.
Old 19-01-2009

in fact when I was talking about "impossible" was to change the port homeplayer and not the server, I misread!
what makes me say this is that on the official website they say that when there is a conflict we must complete the application using the port. They do in any way to change the port ...

On WHS is a server running IIS and monopolizes the port 8080?
Old 19-01-2009

Opens a command prompt and run the netstat and gives us the result. We'll see what software uses what port.
Old 19-01-2009

Hello!
sorry for interrupting in this topic because I want to buy an HP Media Smart server, but first I want to make sure they can turn the homeplayer without any problems (I have a freebox but V4).
Could you enlighten me on this possibility?

Thank you!
Old 19-01-2009

Quote:
sorry for interrupting in this topic because I want to buy an HP Media Smart server, but first I want to make sure they can turn the homeplayer without any problems (I have a freebox but V4).
Could you enlighten me on this possibility?
hello
if you want when I would find the solution to run home player without further problem I will explain the
on topic

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,