Thread: Want To Completely Remove AOL

Want To Completely Remove AOL

hello , i want to completely remove AOL from my computer.recently I searched my pc for aol files and folders and it found 150 FILES relating AOL. Is it safe to remove them all? Can anyone tell me how to do so? Thanks in advance

Re: Want To Completely Remove AOL

i also had the similar problem. what i did was I go to Control Panel then Add / Remove Programs and normally removed means uninstalled AOL. That got rid me with most of the files of it Then I deleted the AOL folder and as many files related that I could find. Then I went into the registry and deleted every registry entry related to AOL. They're clearly marked so it wasn't that difficult

The PC Decrapifier is designed to remove a specific list unwanted software in an unattended fashion.

Requirements
    The PC Decrapifier will run on any Windows XP or Vista variant. The PC does not need to be new, however, the older the PC is, the less likely it will have any of the software that it can detect.

How it works
    Simply download the file above, and run the EXE. There is no installer necessary. If you have anti-virus software installed, it may complain about this program because it is written with a scripting language. These warnings can be safely ignored. When it runs, you will be presented with a wizard style dialog box that steps you through the entire process .You will be able to pick and choose what you want to remove.It will not begin removing anything without prompting you first!Hit the “Next” button and it will begin cleaning your PC. If it does not find anything a pop-up box will notify you of this and the program will exit and not modify your PC. Try downloading the latest version of The PC-Decrapifier from here

It is called reformatting and reinstalling windows.There are 22 pages of items that aol latches on to and getting it out is a week long process. You can't just search for it either because it uses different names and installed in almost every shell file in windows system. You can go into c:\programs and expand the aol file and delete items in there and then delete the folder but it is still latched into the system. Even a reg cleaner cannot get it all out.