Thread: Can't access internet why?

Can't access internet why?

Hi,
    I got new laptop & i used wireless network to access the internet. In my school we have hi speed internet connection. When i try to connect it says i am connected but can't view any website.
    What could be the reason?

Re: Can't access internet why?

With such a short information we can't tell you what could be the reason.
    go to start run the type services.msc scroll down to the bottom and make sure wireless zero configuration is on automatic. just to trouble shoot wireless you can turn it on and off to start the search for the ssid.
    also go back into the router and copy and paste the HEX key to a txt file not the passprase then paste the key back, to make sure you are using hte right key.

Re: Can't access internet why?

If wireless network is connected correctly, then you can type following command on command prompt (cmd.exe) to check whether correct IP, netmask, gateway and DNS servers are configured or assigned to the laptop. If everything looks good, then you should be able to ping the router's LAN IP without problem.

ipconfig /all

Also ensure that there is Internet connection on router! You can check the Internet/WAN status on the router management website's status page.

If everything works well, but still fail to access website, then probably there is problem on your DNS servers to resolve the URL. You can then use the following free DNS servers from OpenDNS.com.