Thread: Mastering Safari's bookmarks

Mastering Safari's bookmarks

Hi
    i recently downloaded the safari for My Vista. But i'm not able to deal with bookmarks properly. can any body make me understand how to manage them? I'm using safari 3.2.
    Thanks !

Re: Mastering Safari's bookmarks

Adding links to your bookmarks bar

• There are three ways to add a link to your bookmarks bar. Probably the simplest, is to simply drag any URL out of the URL bar, down to the bookmarks bar, and release the mouse button. As you do this, you will see a small green plus icon to let you know you are adding to the bookmarks bar.
    • You can add it anywhere you like; Safari will gracefully slide your other bookmarks around to accommodate the new position. As soon as you drop it in place, you are given an opportunity to name it. By default, it will inherit the title of the page. I tend to find this to be a bit long, and make the names of items in my bookmarks bar as short as possible.
    • The second method for adding an item to your bookmarks bar is via the “Bookmarks” menu. Select “Add Bookmark” or press command-D on your keyboard. Upon making this selection, a window will pop up, give the bookmark a name, and select “Bookmarks Bar” as it’s location.
    • I find using this method a little less convenient, as I do not have an immediate way to put the bookmark in exactly the location I want. To change the location, you need to go to your bookmark editing area in Safari, which is the third and way to add an item to your bookmarks bar.

Adding a bookmark folder

To make a new folder, select “Add Bookmark Folder” from the Bookmarks menu. Give the folder a name. Now you can start to group your URL’s into logical categories

Organize Bookmarks with Apple's Safari for Windows

• Keeping your bookmarks organized is a critical task for any web browser, so let's see how the new Safari for Windows handles bookmarks.

• First click on the "open-book" icon located on the bookmarks toolbar.

• This will open up Safari's bookmark organizer. You will see there are several bookmarks already included from the default install. On the left section is the categories or 'Collections' headers. Clicking on each collection will display the book marked pages on the right side with the site name and URL.

• You can really do a lot in this bookmark manager. If you right click an entry in either section you will be able to choose from many different options such as Open, Delete, Edit, etc…

• To create a new Collection simply click the '+' button. This will start a new field for you to custom name. You can also drag and drop folders into other categories or change the order.

• Also, notice that your Internet Explorer and Mozilla (including FireFox) bookmarks will automatically be imported during the installation

As I would like to have the same bookmarks on my Bootcamp partition, that I currently have in Leopard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhett View Post
    As I would like to have the same bookmarks on my Bootcamp partition, that I currently have in Leopard.
    I know of no direct way to do this, but you can export your Safari Leopard bookmarks to a file then import them in Safari for Windows. This isn't quite syncing, as it must be done manually each time bookmarks change, but it does work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac rumor View Post
    I know of no direct way to do this, but you can export your Safari Leopard bookmarks to a file then import them in Safari for Windows. This isn't quite syncing, as it must be done manually each time bookmarks change, but it does work.
    Thank you very much.