Thread: Wants to know about Junk files.

Wants to know about Junk files.

Hello everbody,

I would like to have some information about junk files. I have installed Windows Xp on my system. My internet offers me a very slow speed while accessing it, is there any way of improving my net speed? However i would like to know that is there any particular DOS command or something else to find out junk files or unwanted files that have been saved in my system? Is it possible for me to remove this files from my system?

Would appreciate if anyone can help me out.

Thanks.

Re: Wants to know about Junk files.

You can remove your unwanted files as well your junk files by using "CCleaner" from your computer.

* CCleaner is one amazing tool to remove junk files from your system. It scans your hard drive for potential junk files that include IE cache, unused application files, shortcuts, etc. Registry cleaning and Start up program managers are inbuilt. An additional feature is the ability to uninstalled loaded programs from your computer from within CCleaner itself. All-in-all, CCleaner is one best tool to get rid of the junk, and optimize your PC for performance.

There are a number of ways to remove or eliminate these junk files.If you just want to remove junk files from your Internet cache, every browser gives you the tools to do it.

* With Mozilla Firefox, for example, you can simply click Tools -- Options -- Privacy -- Cache. You can then clear the cache.

* The same is true in Internet Explorer, Opera, and other browsers. Yet another option is to use software that specifically goes in and removes junk files.

You can also remove the unwanted or junk files from your system by using Junk Files Cleaner.

Junk Files Cleaner allows you to find and remove various types of junk and unnecessary files from your computer. Many of the Windows applications create junk files. Normally, such files are deleted by the application that had created them as soon as it did not need them. However they may remain permanently on your hard drive if there is an unexpected termination of the parent application, a system crash, etc. If this happens it will cause reduction of free disk space (even hundreds of megabytes) or may slow system speed and performance

With Junk Files Cleaner you can select which of your drives to scan and what extension of files to scan for. The most common temporary and junk files extensions are built-in, but you can also add whatever extension you want.

These are the features of Junk Files Cleaner:-

* A very fast scan algorithm - does not waste your time.

* Powerful scan - scan for junk files according to selected file extensions.

* Built-in list of common junk files extensions.

* Built-in exclude list for important directories.

* A possibility to add file extensions in order to scan according to your needs. May use wild cards.

* Can view the full path and size of each found file and the sum of all of them.

* Check which found files to delete and which to keep.

* In the list of found files, you can select and open any one of them and its properties or its containing directory in order to be sure the file is unwanted.

* In the list of found files, you can search Google for the name of any file to find additional information.

I think this tool might help you out to remove your unwanted and junk files from your system