Thread: Problems with Zone Alarm

Problems with Zone Alarm

WHEN I put the average level of safety in the zone alarm it blocks the Internet? i have windows service pack 2 i dunno what to do please help
    You have a solution?

Re: Problems with Zone Alarm

It seems to me to leave the default settings I have all by default and no problem since 1 year and half .. It can be compared to update Windows also (KB. ..), one day I had the problem of connection and more ...

Users Firewall ZoneAlarm on platforms Windows XP & Vista have found a little over a week cut their Internet connection in fact due to an update to Windows.

Indeed, the ZoneAlarm firewall and especially its many users have been victims once more of an update to the stability questionable from Microsoft.

By entering into conflict with the ZoneAlarm firewall and its causing a reaction of blocking trade with the net is the KB951748 update, published by Microsoft for Windows XP & Vista there are now about a week, which in reality the loss of Internet connection.

After more than a week of various and varied problems among its users, CheckPoint ZoneAlarm editor finally issued an explanation on its website to provide the solution - other than to leave ZoneAlarm and / or uninstall - in this conflict by publishing boring the cause of the conflict.

Of the two solutions, the easiest way is to download the new version of ZoneAlarm, which thanks to the work of CheckPoint, does not come into conflict with the KB951748 update for Windows.

The second solution can still complicated but circumvented a solution is simply to find the package KB951748 utility in Add / Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel to uninstall.

Hope for Microsoft as ZoneAlarm will not bring a lawsuit for unfair competition between the firewall built into Windows and ZoneAlarm, the latter being blocked by the update!

Meanwhile, companies that use software and CheckPoint platform for Microsoft, as well as individuals, will be very happy to find their Internet connection, or to find their preferred firewall.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

If the windows update changed the usual needed files for networking/internet, then the ZA will not see the changes and continue to use the previously known files and ignore the newer files. Even though the file names and locations are still the same from before, now the file size and checksums no longer match.

To solve this, just reset the ZA database and the ZA will be "fresh" as when it was first installed:

Boot your computer into the Safe Mode
    Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder
    Delete the backup.rdb, iamdb.rdb, *.ldb and the tvDebug files in the folder
    Clean the Recycle Bin
    Reboot into the normal mode
    ZA will be just like new with no previous settings or data

Once this is finished, reboot back into the normal mode and in the new network found windows, set the new network to Trusted.
    Then do this to ensure the ZA is setup properly:

Make sure your DNS and DHCP server IP's are in your Firewall's Trusted zone. Finding DNS and DCHP servers, etc

1. Go to Run and type in command and hit 'ok', and in the command then type in ipconfig /all then press the enter key. In the returned data list will be a line DNS and DHCP Servers with the IP address(s) listed out to the side. Make sure there is a space between the ipconfig and the /all, and the font is the same (no capitals).
    2. In ZA on your machine on the Firewall, open the Zones tab, click Add and then select IP Address. Make sure the Zone is set to Trusted. Add the DNS IP(s) .
    3. Click OK and Apply. Then do the same for the DHCP server.
    4. The localhost (127.0.0.1) must be listed as Trusted.
    5. The Generic Host Process (svchost.exe) as seen in the Zone Alarm's
      Program's list must have server rights for the Trusted Zone.
      Plus it must have both Trusted and Internet Access.