Thread: how to deal with phishing

how to deal with phishing

Hello,

I use my email account and credit card for business and shopping purpose. I heard about the phishing sites and fraud on web sites. I don't want any financial loss on internet. So please tel me about the phishing sites and how to deal with it.

Re: how to deal with phishing

Phishing is the criminally fraudulent process of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details on internet.
    Phishing is an example of social engineering techniques used to fool users.

Anti-phishing software is designed to protect against e-commerce and banking fraud. This software identifies phishing content contained in websites and e-mail. It is often integrated with web browsers and email clients as a toolbar that displays the real domain name for the website the viewer is visiting, in an attempt to prevent fraudulent websites from masquerading as other legitimate web sites.

For free anti-phishing software.

You can simply avoid phishing by slightly modifying your browsing habits. When contacted about an account needing to be "verified" (or any other topic used by phishers), it is a sensible precaution to contact the company from which the e-mail apparently originates to check that the e-mail is legitimate. Alternatively, the address that the individual knows is the company's genuine website can be typed into the address bar of the browser, rather than trusting any hyperlinks in the suspected phishing message.

All legitimate e-mail messages from companies to their customers contain an item of information that is not readily available to phishers. Some companies always address their customers by their username in e-mails, so if an e-mail addresses the recipient in a generic fashion. E-mails from banks and credit card companies often include partial account numbers. There are many other ways to avoid phishing.

You can use some browsers to avoid phishing. Internet Explorer , Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Opera all contain this type of anti-phishing measure.
    The special DNS service is also available that filters out known phishing domains,
    this will work with any browser.
    Specialized spam filters can reduce the number of phishing e-mails.
    PhishTank is one more anti-phishing service which offers a community-based phish verification system where users submit suspected phishes and other users "vote" if it is a phish or not.
    PhishTank