Thread: Can't connect in IE7 on windows xp

Can't connect in IE7 on windows xp

I have a desktop pc in which windows xp has been installed. My pc is 5 years old one and it was working little bit slow, but until yesterday it seems to be working fine.

When my daughter was trying to connect to internet last night she was unable to detect any internet. It was connected through a router, so i just took out the connection and tried to connect it via modem but it still didn't work for me.

I even checked the LAN settings but they were working absolutely fine.

I'm using a wireless laptop and everything seems to be fine with it.

Can anyone has some idea on this?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Dheran; 30-12-2008 at 10:49 PM.

Re: Can't connect in IE7 on windows xp

If it was working OK until the last night, just try to perform this steps:-

Check all the cables are fully connected from computer/ router. ( Which i think you may have done already )

Then try to do a System Restore through clicking on Start--> Then click on Help and Support--> Then Undo Changes ( Under Pick a Task )

Then select a date upto which it was working fine and click on Ok and then restore. It is also worthful by using the option to create a restore point before you proceed further. Then if it is done properly you may get back the connection and you may access the internet.

Hey it was working before posting the smile.gif

But now still there is no internet connection.

Then I thought of visiting Device Manager, but it showed me 5 Motorola modems. I don't know why it showed to me, but anyways in that 3 modems were showing corrupted and 2 were of ok type. Then it show me that i can uninstall them and i did the same but it's still not working for me. This can be due to modem causing any problems? We were facing lot of problems such as internet would be on for a while and wuld be turn off in a flash as there was to be no tomorrow. Thanks to my laptops that they are absolutely ok, there are some people whom i know who had taken new modems in their area.

I don't have much knowledge or i'm not an expertise in this as other members do have.

Anyway in the meantime try to perform these simple steps, might it help you to get your connection back. Try to disconnect the modem completely and even try to uninstall all the stuffs of the modems. Then try to reinstall the software starting from the beginning.

May hopefully someone would try to respond soon to your problem who has some knowledge about this issue.