Thread: Browser War: Google's unorthodox tactic

l33t Browser War: Google's unorthodox tactic

Every company, especially in these times of crisis, trying to draw water to its mill, is no different from this axiom that even Google to combat market share of Internet Explorer has adopted an unorthodox tactic.

If you try to access Gmail with Internet Explorer at the top of the page we can see a beautiful red link "Get faster Gmail". If you click on this link will be redirected to another page.

In no uncertain terms, and without even a table comparing bigG says quietly that Gmail is much faster in Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Although it is actually so I repeat that a graph of the test, a few lines of explanation would not be unwelcome.

Curiously if access to Internet Explorer 6 Google suggests upgrading to version 7, if access to that we are invited to use the version 8 which is still in beta. Personally, this whole huge difference I have never seen, what is your experience?

Re: Browser War: Google's unorthodox tactic

It is the embarrassing use of browser sniffing, a practice that is common also to Microsoft. The most penalized by both sides has always been Opera.

My experience? In fact Speed: Chrome beat Firefox 3, Firefox 3 beats far IE7 is that IE8.

PS, have been much more unfair than that of blocking Microsoft hotmail which uses Linux

Shame that is not considered in this debate, however, that even Opera is a step above everyone and the only one that does not advertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson2 View Post
    My experience? In fact Speed: Chrome beat Firefox 3, Firefox 3 beats far IE7 is that IE8.
    Chrome beat Firefox3 only because it is totally devoid.

Quote Originally Posted by deveritt View Post
    Chrome beat Firefox3 only because it is totally devoid.
    I know because I use Firefox happily. In my remarks I spoke only about speed.

I do not know if you are trying the beta of FireFox .. but to be truly great .. Chrome also not bad. But personally I prefer firefox, because it is more customizable through its extensions.