Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Remove Clear Type from IE6

Technology & Internet

Old 01-12-2008

Remove Clear Type from IE6

I still have IE 6-up but has put on Clear type --- --- and now I get strange red-purple color of the text, most of bold style. If I highlight text, it becomes incredibly red-purple. Does anybody know how I pick the Clearview type, so that I can get back my old format. Without formatting system. Everything else I have tried, changed the video card, changed the screen, but the problem remains.

It is an HP 2105-a (S-PVA) panel very nice screen colors and sharp. On my second screen, Samsung 205-a (NT) panel slightly paler weaker but intense blue color has, and good sharpness.

Old 01-12-2008

Re: Remove Clear Type from IE6

You just want to remove it from I6 only or from Windows as well?
Maybe you can find help here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms899132.aspx
Old 01-12-2008

Re: Remove Clear Type from IE6

Thanks for your help Jackson, I could solve it by downloading the program, and then I choose to mark off the effect of Clear type. I get an icon in Control Panel, and can activate when I want.

Now it's much better, more pixel but may not discoloration of the texts format with bold was really annoying. More interesting is that my friend has the same computer with LG screen, and he has no discoloration at all.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: