Thread: Browser unable to find Internet connection

Browser unable to find Internet connection

I have Firefox installed on computer, If I tell him to visit the a site specified,it just going to stand there forever,and only some times it giving me a 404 "connection not found" message. Reseting, repairing the LAN-connection didn't help either, nor did resetting the connection-properties in my browser.
    And it also seems that performance is degrading time to time,please give suggestions.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Browser unable to find Internet connection

Have you Reinstalled the Firefox Application. If not just try to reinstall the the application, it may happen that because of some problem that won't be working and reinstllation may solve the problem.

I have reinstalled that application but same problem has occured, But i want to add one more thought that I feel may be the cause, I have one Applications called counter strike or similar programs run just fine and don't have any latency issues. I thought they might take away my bandwidth, but shutting those programs down didn't change anything either.

so that i had just a simple solution to restart of the computer.

This problem I am facing over a few months now and it's seriously starting to go on my nerves since it makes you dump, if you have to open all your work or games again just because you have to look something up.

I hope one of you can give me a solution of what to do.

Are you using XP SP2? after much guessing and testing, i think its due to windows. we can rule out ISP, hardware (i had an old com running SP2 with the same problem) and pretty much software because my own com and new com only have a few common applications. also, while I was using Vista, nothing like that ever happen. thats all I can tell you because I myself haven't been able to solve the problem either. I still have the problem currently.